Haptic feedback won't turn offSupport

1. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member

It's not a huge deal, I actually don't mind having it on it's just in the interest of conserving battery life I'd quite like to get rid of it. It really don't seem to want to turn off though! I've tried restarting the device but it's still there... any suggestions??

Advertisement
    :
  2. Kendoji

Kendoji Well-Known Member

Do you by any chance just mean the haptic feedback when using the keyboard? Cause there's a separate setting for that, under Language & Keyboard > Touch Input > Text Input > Vibrate when typing.
    Hal_Chase, stealthpaws, FahdR and 6 others like this.
  3. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member

Indeed I do... yeah that's worked perfectly now. Thanks for the tip!
  4. Kendoji

Kendoji Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it! Actually your question spurred me to have a look around myself, as I had been asking myself the same question. :)
  5. Bananas

Bananas New Member

Yes this works on the keyboard on HTC desire but not on the phone pad.
    Anyone know how to disable haptic feedback on the phone keypad on HTC Desire and not just the qwerty keyboard?
  6. veryjiggy

veryjiggy Active Member

Hi Bananas.
    Did you manage to turn off the vibration/haptic feedback on your phone dialer? I am having the same problem as you. But have no idea whether it is a HTC feature or whether it is a fault with my device.
  7. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member

Thanks for this tip. So is the haptic feedback under the sound profile for general applications?
  8. sanjay4a4

sanjay4a4 New Member

Hi,

I have the same issue with my HTC Desire. It is running on 2.2 version. I tried to turn of Haptic feedback by going to Menu > Settings > Sound > Haptic feedback(Deselect). But not working. I'm getting vibration while typing on phone dial pad and Keyboard. Haptic feedback ON or OFF, remaining button selections like menu item selections or settings or app selection I'm not getting any vibration.

Regards,
    Sanjay
  9. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

You can't turn it off in the dialer unless you run some hack (I think)
  10. ShreddedDiesel

ShreddedDiesel New Member

Kendoji had the correct answer!! Please see the second post. I had the same problem with the dialer and keyboard entries.
  11. yvettelou

yvettelou New Member

this only works for the keyboard, not on phone dialer. My hubby has just updated my phone to a newer operating system, the last one I could turn the feedback off quite easily, this one is driving me nuts! Please can someone help?:confused:
  12. comradeAce

comradeAce New Member

This thread helped me to find solution for my own haptic feedback problem...thanks guys!!