Haptic Feedback

Last Updated:

1. Makav3li

Makav3li New Member This Topic's Starter

THe haptic feedback on my droid makes a ringing noise like there is something loose in the mechanism that vibrates the phone. Does anyone know where in the phone the device is? Is is hard to to get at? I returned the phone once already and Verizon gave me a hard time, I don't want to have to try and do it again.

Advertisement
  2. LarryMcJ

LarryMcJ Well-Known Member

What you're experiencing is not right. You're ultimately paying a LOT of money for your Droid...take it back. If it's not right Verizon will exchange it.

3. scorrpio

scorrpio Well-Known Member

If the vibrating device is loose, phone is defective. Take it back. Go to a different VZ store if people at the store where you did first exchange a jerks. Trying to 'get at' the device would only void phone's warranty. And you will likely not be able to repair it anyway.

4. shotinthenads

shotinthenads Well-Known Member

I hope you were not serious when you said Verizon gave you a "hard time". They cannot give you a hard time for returning a defective Droid. If they are trying to see if it is defective before you return it, that may not really be a hard time, but if you say I am not happy with this Droid because it is not operating as it should then they must take it back. They are violating the terms of the sale, the warranty and internal Verizon policy and state law (most states that I am aware of). I have returned 2 Droids and did not get a hard time at all. That being said, I spent about 20 minutes on the phone while they tried to diagnose the problem, but I don't think that is a hard time. Please do not let one Verizon rep push you around. Ask for a supervisor. If you get a hard time please be specific and I have information for you that should put a hard time to end. I think all and all Verizon will offer a great customer service experience, but some Verizon representatives are not on the same page as corporate managers are.

5. soundman

soundman Member

Same thing happened with my second droid a day after I got it. It started making a lot more noise than it should or just wouldn't give feedback at all. I immediately went back to the verizon store and they returned it for me. I would suggest doing the same before it gets worse.