• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Hard cases generally available on Ebay - $5 - they work great

hmm, maybe its just me then. I ordered a pink one off ebay with a car charger for 8 bucks, and took the case off my phone almost immediatly. The only reason I didnt return it was the car charger. That case, IMO sucked. It made the slide functionality terrible. I like being able to push a little nd have it slide open. with that case on, i had to practically force the slide open all the way up.

maybe it will be different for you. good luck.

Upvote 0
hmm, maybe its just me then. I ordered a pink one off ebay with a car charger for 8 bucks, and took the case off my phone almost immediatly. The only reason I didnt return it was the car charger. That case, IMO sucked. It made the slide functionality terrible. I like being able to push a little nd have it slide open. with that case on, i had to practically force the slide open all the way up.

this^^^

Upvote 0

my phone never has been able to just touch and BAM its slid up. Maybe your slide is too loose?

My case fit great, slides great and makes the phone not so damn slippery.

Upvote 0
with the case on mine it would get stuck in the middle of the "slide up" process and u would have to force it up the rest of the way
Mine - bought for $4.98 (including shipping) from "LUXUARYCELLWIRELESS" on Ebay works perfectly - I can't see how it could possibly intrude into the slide functionality. For the record - I don't recommend them - it just so happens my case came from them. Maybe you have a different maker (there are likely few today - so post where you bought the thing).

Edit: Here's the link - for those interested. It's pretty much free ($4.98 all in), and works great for me (I hate posting links because they go bad - but here it is).
http://shop.ebay.com/luxuarycellwireless/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

I guess the Slide is the same as HTC Espresso (???) - of note, the back has a large cut out for the camera *and* speaker

Upvote 0
I looked at some of the cases on ebay and was curious as to why they all seem to have a square cut out on the back cover. Does anyone know the reasoning behind this? I am not 100% sure I like that.
Why do they do it?
I wondered the same thing - and just think I figured it out - looks like a cutout for a swivel belt clip thingy (it's raised inside to allow something in and out)...

Maybe that's why they are so cheap - no clip...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones