• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hard drive ID missing

Myicha

Sep 5, 2011
when I tried connecting tablet to Kies Air a error popped up saying the hard drive ID was missing. on my tablet it said unable to find software on your PC that recognize your device. service pack, Windows Media Player 10 or higher, for Windows XP or Android file Transfer for Mac OS must be installed.

please help me figure this out.

I seem to recall this when I was trying to pull down the JB update. A web search led me to advice to delete and reinstall Kies, which seemed to work.

I find it slow and buggy however and much prefer Airdroid (which won't work for updates, but for other data exchanges). It's free, fast, and easy to use.

when I tried connecting tablet to Kies Air a error popped up saying the hard drive ID was missing. on my tablet it said unable to find software on your PC that recognize your device. service pack, Windows Media Player 10 or higher, for Windows XP or Android file Transfer for Mac OS must be installed.

please help me figure this out.

Reactions: Myicha
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones