• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Hard" Factory Reset doesn't wipe out my apps.

Nope. I've tried. Every time I do a factory reset, the apps I deleted come back again. They aren't even stored on the SD card. Is Google behind this?
Yes, Google knows which apps you've downloaded and will reinstall them (or most of them; the system doesn't seem to be perfect) after a factory reset. If you want to uninstall them, as far as I know, you'll have do them one by one.

Upvote 0
I have, and I did. The apps I "uninstalled" show up after a factory reset. I'm searching for an answer. I'm searching every single HTC MyTouch 4G bulletin board and website i can find. I'm even saying a prayer. Nobody, and not even one website, has any answer as to why this is happening. I'm still lookin' though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones