My gues wuold be no. I believe its only on virtaul keyboard. Lol
  3. DoYouDroid

DoYouDroid Active Member

sucks!
  4. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

5. atmis

atmis Member

Actually it's awesome...sometimes the autocorrect is a little much.

I'm a little annoyed when slang words turn into people's names, and abbreviated words change to the wrong full word (i.e. "app" changes to "apparently")...so it's nice to be able to revert to the hardware keyboard for SMS and IM.
  6. DoYouDroid

DoYouDroid Active Member

7. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

I really like having a keyboard that is not auto anything. So what if I make a error or two,the person reding kt will understand the message. It is not like I@am writing an English term paper.
    Errors on purpose and you knew exactly what I meant. Communication was achieved.
  8. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Dude! Quit stealing my apps!!! :p

And as a side bonus, you end up looking and sounding like a moron! Sweet! :cool: (Communication was definitely achieved.) ;)
  9. TheBeachBoy

TheBeachBoy Well-Known Member

TalkToMe Keyboard does have auto correct with word replacement options like the default soft keyboard, at least mine now has it and that's the only program I've added that's a keyboard replacement. Totally worth the $.99

edit: whoops, looks like I got beat to it. One weird thing I've noticed is if I have the keyboard slid out to type a text, I have to tap inside the text box to activate the auto correction; it won't automatically show the word replacements.
  10. messenger13

Long-press in the text window, then select "Input Method". Make sure TalkToMe is selected.
  11. DoYouDroid

DoYouDroid Active Member

It is selected and still no auto correct

I am not an idiot, i swear.

Edit: And yes, i have the "Word Suggestion Settings" all checked

Edit 2: Nevermind it is working but it is horrible! the only thing it auto corrects is "teh"
  12. GrandMasterB

You sure you've got the right app? It works exactly the same for the hard keyboard as it does with the soft keyboard. I am very happy with the results.
  13. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

I also use TalkToMe. Probably the most useful app I've installed. It does allow autocorrect w/ the physical KB (why the hell did you leave this out Google??). Even if the kb is open, you still have to tap in the text input box before autocorrection will kick in. I have noticed it won't kick in if you just slide open the kb and start typing.
  14. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Well-Known Member

you can turn the predictive text off, while keeping auto correct on, so it will correct a misspell like brpther to brother but not change bro to brown
  15. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

I was annoyed by this too. However, if you go into your custom dictionary, you can add the slang words and abbreviations so they do not get corrected.

Settings > Language & keyboard > user dictionary.

"app" was the first word I added to mine. Followed by "apps", and "NY".
  16. GrandMasterB

I've got an even faster way, next time your typing a word not in the dictionary like 'app' you will see it in the suggested word list to the far left. Press and hold the word you want and it will add it to your custom dictionary.
  17. mcadam

mcadam Well-Known Member

any way to delete words from the dictionary? i would love for "ill" to always default to I'll.
  18. bills534

bills534 Well-Known Member

I just tried the TalkToMe app and as far as I can tell the auto correction for the physical keyboard doesn't work with Handcent SMS. It works fine with the default messaging app. I had to uninstall it since 90% of my physical keyboard use is for texting, and all of my texting is done via Handcent.

Its a shame Android doesnt do the word suggestions on its own. for such a cramped keyboard it could make things a lot easier.
  19. GrandMasterB

@ mcadam Spell it just il then space.

@ bills it works fine with handcent, you just have to get into the habbit of tapping the text box before you start typing
  20. pbrstanwood

pbrstanwood Well-Known Member

I love this app. it is a MUST have. I love this site I have learned soooo much about my phone. I love my droid and I love it even more since I joined this group.

thanks all of you for posting you are great:D
  21. bills534

bills534 Well-Known Member

I tried tapping a bunch, also long pressed to make sure the right thing was checked and then tapped some more but it never came up for me. oh well, maybe I'll try it again sometime in the future.
  22. messenger13

A couple things to try:

1 - Settings > Language & keyboard > TalkToMe Keyboard (checked?)

2 - From the above window, go into the TalkToMe Keyboard settings. Is "With Physical Keyboard?" checked?
  23. PerCompLLC

PerCompLLC Well-Known Member

Just loaded this app... NICE!
  24. messenger13

Frankly, I was totally in love with this app . . . UNTIL. :eek:

(cue dramatic music)

Android 2.1 incorporates voice everywhere. And it allows you to talk for a LOT longer, which is really nice. Nicer than the TalkToMe Keyboard's limitation in this area. But the predictive text of the hardware keyboard still makes this app VERY useful to me, and well-worth the money.
  25. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

so, dont bother with Handcent? that app alone makes me tell peeps to check out how AMAZAZING this beast is......! hi JOE