Hard Reset and Storage Options for the X10Support

Last Updated:

1. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Questions:
    1. How do you perform a "Hard Reset" on the X10?
    2. Storage:
    A. I know we can store items on the MicroSD card via the Mass Storage route or by storing directly from the PC to the card while in the PC. But how do we store items to the MicroSD card while the card is inserted into the phone?
    B. Is it possible to store Apps and other files from the Market to the MicroSD card? Can Apps run from the card or are they required to be stored internally? I would like to use my MicroSD card for ALL storage and leave the internal memory alone.
    C. How can one determine the class of the MicroSD card? I have looked at the 4 cards I have and the only info on them externally is the size of the card and the word MicroSD.
    D. Finally, which is the best class to use in a phone such as the X10?

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement
  2. hal752

hal752 Well-Known Member

1, To perform a hard reset, Go into the settings, SD card & Phone storage, Factory data reset.

This will remove any infomation off the phone and return it to how it was out of the box.

2 1.6 Does not allow you to install apps to the SD card. Thats a froyo feature (app permited) Any apps you install are installed onto the phones memory,

3, Memory cards come in diffrent sizes and class. The higher the class the faster it is at transfering data. Im currently using a class 6 8GB memory card which I picked up off play quite cheap. You can tell what class it is by looking at the C with a number in it,

4 My personal oppinion is to go for a class 4/6 memory card. Especally with the 2.1 update bringing 720p video.

SD Speed Class - SD Association

gunny5821 likes this.
  3. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the info and the link. But my MicroSd cards have NO class ID markings. If you look at your link and at the cards on the top of the page, my cards look just like the 5th card in from the left. So with no ID markings, how can I tell what I have?

4. hal752

hal752 Well-Known Member

If It's the memory card you got with the x10 then I think its a class 2, strange there should be a number on the front of the micro SD card in a c shape.