hard reset deleted my photosSupport

Last Updated:

1. guitarguy1685

guitarguy1685 Member This Topic's Starter

Soooo i called Verizon for tech support and to make long story short they asked me to do a factory reset on my phone. I SPECIFICALLY asked if my photos would be deleted and I was told no.....I'm sure you can imagine what happened next.

Every photo I took on my incredible is gone. Was the tech guy right and my phone just screwed up or is the tech guy a total moron?

Advertisement
  2. rasobey

rasobey Well-Known Member

I'm going to hazard a guess and suggest this may have happened because your photos were stored on the phone's internal memory, NOT the SD card.

I'm sorry for your loss, but remembering that a factory reset does not erase the SD card, and as far as I can tell - with my Desire - the photos were stored by default on the SD card. Not sure how you might have changed that, if my assumption is correct.

3. cheezfri

cheezfri New Member

I just had the same thing happen. My Incredible had been acting very strange so I hard reset it. I was assured my SD card would be just fine. It is now completely wiped out and won't work on my old phone or in my flash drive. There was absolutely plenty of data on the SD card before the reset, including photos, apps, music and it's all gone now.

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

A factory data reset, as said before, does not touch the SD card.

If your SD card was erased, it's because you (or somebody working with the device) formatted the card.

5. sitlet

sitlet Banned

On the Incredible, some phones were set from the factory to store camera photos in the internal memory, instead of the SD card. So this is obviously what happened when these people did a reset.

Just one more reason to ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR IMPORTANT DATA

6. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

^^^ the inc.. has 8gb of internal space.. right? yeah.. I bet your info was stored in internal memory.. not the SD card.