Hard reset my evo...smh... :'(Support

Last Updated:

1. Dose

Dose Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I did a hard reset on my phone last night because someone on here suggested it... My battery life was never bad... I thought it was ok...but willing to try anything to get a little more... I mean...why not. Well I'm not telling ppl not to do a hard reset...but I did...and now my phone goes in and out of having a signal. I mean I will sit there and stare at it and it will go to 0 bars to 5 to 2 to 3 to 0 stay at zero then get 4...umm wtf! And today my phone turned off and back on for no apparent reason...looking at my phone...then boom reset. Wth is going on...it only happened once...but still I didnt have these issues before...last night sitting on my couch I had 5 bars all night.. now I'm at a solid 1. Arrgghh. Wait 3...oh now 1, 0 , 3 aarrgghhhhh.... lol but I still love my phone... good 450 spent...but what's goin on with my signal??

Advertisement
  2. mcnutty

mcnutty Well-Known Member

doesn't sound right. Take it to the point of purchase for an exchange.

3. plopez12

plopez12 Well-Known Member

yeah something definitely went wrong somewhere otherwise the phone had something wrong with it to begin with and this was just a coincidence...either way you should probably just take it back...i know I would

4. Dose

Exchange it for what tho.... ppl are still waiting on theirs ...so I don't wanna wait for another..

Umm also my roaming is and has been set to Sprint only....and my prl is on cdma... hmm but they have been since I got the phone... I also believe always mobile or whatever it is is off...background data is on.... Oh I kno this is out of the blue...but thanks to whoever said to not turn off gtalk... because that's how you get your gmail and stuff...which is weird...but tru

5. Dose

Exchange it for what tho.... ppl are still waiting on theirs ...so I don't wanna wait for another..

Umm also my roaming is and has been set to Sprint only....and my prl is on cdma... hmm but they have been since I got the phone... I also believe always mobile or whatever it is is off...background data is on.... Oh I kno this is out of the blue...but thanks to whoever said to not turn off gtalk... because that's how you get your gmail and stuff...which is weird...but tru

6. Dose

Hmm a double post..... getting better and better

7. ahnoff

ahnoff Active Member

Might need to run the device self service app and update your PRL and whatnot.

Dose likes this.
  8. htcevolee

htcevolee Well-Known Member

I say update your Profile and update your PRL and see how it goes. Those are the first 2 things to do with any phone you get "mainly the PRL update" so it will grab the best antennas for your phone and area.

Dose likes this.
  9. dmystic1

dmystic1 Well-Known Member

From time to time my signal meter would go into a little dance too. This happen long before I ever did a hard reset. Look, its an electronic device, not made by some perfect alien inteligence. It's made by humans, who are not capable of making the perfect device. There are bugs, which I believe most will eventually be worked out. You can do exchange after exchange after exchange, and there will always be something.:)

10. Dose

Alright I did all the updates again and it looks like I'm stabilized lol

11. cooper1010

cooper1010 Well-Known Member

What's this gtalk thing? I have gtalk off and I still get my (g)mail.

12. Dose

I found out that you only stop getting emails when you sign out of Gtalk, you can kill it, but if you sign out and kill it...Gmail sync stops

13. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

No, I have gtalk turned off, signed out, still get all my Gmail.

14. Dose

Well not me...

15. Dose

Are you getting them automatically or do you have to refresh. Are you using Mail, or Gmail??? I will try it tho...maybe it was a fluke