• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hard Reset Question

SirCheese

Jan 23, 2010
I had Verizon swap out my DX due to rebooting, the NEW one is doing the same exact thing and it's really starting to piss me off, now I am wondering if it's an APP causing this so I am doing a hard reset, I did this and it seems to perform it, but my background is the same picture? WTF?

Anyone have any idea why this would be the case?

Ok, this is getting ridiculous, I am hard resetting and it's not actually DOING it, background is still the same, the apps are still installed, I even go to Privacy and do a Factory Data Reset, it goes through this process, the phone restarts and I have to go through the activation process, setup Anroid, I get in and it hasn't changed...I don't get this....does ANYONE have any idea WTF is going on?

Upvote 0
Factory reset will wipe your data, wipe cache is like deleting temp files, it doesn't do what you want.

After you activate, Market downloads all your apps and settings again. There was a checkbox you could have unchecked after activating that would prevent apps and settings from returning.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones