Hard Reset - What am I gonna lose?Support

Last Updated:

1. wubbie075

wubbie075 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I've been having an issue with my Evo and the tech ppl at local Sprint Store recommended a hard reset to try and clear it up.

All my apps were purchased through the Market, so no worries there. Calendars and contacts are on Google, so no worries there either. I've backed up everything on my SD card to my PC. And, I've saved the layout for each of my homescreens so I can (somewhat) easily restore everything without having to remember what was where.

Will I lose anything after the hard reset?

Will App settings be restored when the apps are reloaded on the phone?
    I'm guessing I'll lose all my texts, but I don't really care about that.
    I don't much care about losing the call history either.

I'm not rooted (and not really interested in doing so), and from what I've seen in a few threads, the good backup apps tend to require it to work. I realize I probably won't be able to recover everything, and I can deal with that (assuming it actually fixes my problem), but I'm trying to save as much as I can on my own.

Advertisement
  2. wubbie075

Suggestions (that do not require root) for how I can save anything I would lose would also be very welcome!!

3. Berner

Berner Well-Known Member

Yes, you'll lose your program settings. There may be backup apps that restore these, but I generally don't trust the apps to get the settings right. I just go in and re-do it myself.

The one thing I don't think you've mentioned is call history. You'll lose that. There are apps to back it up if you care.

4. wubbie075

I did mention it as one of the things I didn't care much about.

Thanks for the info, though.