hard to unlock phone with incoming callTips

Last Updated:

1. STEVEN-H

STEVEN-H Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have no problems doing anything with my touch screen until there is an incoming call. No matter what I do I usually can not drag down the bar to unlock my phone.

Advertisement
  2. STEVEN-H

STEVEN-H Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

anyone.......anyone?

3. clwoodwork

clwoodwork Active Member

I have the same problem, I can swipe lightly down the screen when I turn on the phone and get to the home screen but when I try answering the phone it's a freaking nightmare. Swipe lightly, hard, long, or short it seems to take upwards of 10 swipes to answer. Sorry I'm no help but I understand, maybe somebody can sell me a clue.

Peace, Chuck

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

i can think of a few things to try

are you guys updated to the most current software?

have you hard reset the phone after updates?

have you dloaded htccalibrate.apk? (just google it from the phone and dload it, press to install, open and run through it)

for now that is all i can think of

5. dspeed

dspeed New Member

I experience this intermittently myself. It has been on-and-off for as long as I have had the phone (June 2010). This happens maybe5% of the time, seemingly in a run of 2 or 3 calls.

FWIW, my phone seems to have brief (5-10 seconds) periods when it is slow; I assume it is 'busy' performing some other task. There is a lot of stuff going on in the background on my phone; Sense, Lookout, TaskManager, System Lite, Netcounter, Titanium backup etc. I am running the next to last release (Frodo) rooted just after the 2.2 roll-out. Nothing else fancy. I have never calibrated this.

I do have a Zagg screen protector and a silicon rubber case.

6. GirlGoneGeek

GirlGoneGeek Well-Known Member

This seems completely backwards to me, but I've had the same problem and noticed that when I have a DO screen protector on, I have no problem swiping to answer a call. WITHOUT the screen protector, that's when I have the same problem you are having.

Weird, but it made all the difference for me.