Hardshell Cases not FittingGeneral

Last Updated:

1. TodayBledFate

TodayBledFate Member

Hello all, I'm new to posting on the forum.

I tried to purchase a Verizon hardshell case (at the Verizon store) for my Thunderbolt and they wont fit! We tried 4 cases and they wouldnt snap tight to my phone. The top corner wouldnt snap down, and if you could get it down, the diagonal corner would pop off.

A sales associate with his own Thunderbolt came over and could properly get the case to fit on his phone. I have never dropped, slammed, crunched, or put enough pressure on the phone to hurt it. Visually there is nothing wrong with it - not a sign of damage on it. Is anyone else having this problem, or has heard of it? I tried to contact HTC and their solution was that Verizon was selling a product that was flawed, or that I was trying to use another phones case...

Advertisement
  2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

Why didn't you ask the guy at Verizon to put the case on for you
  3. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

Is your battery door snapped on all the way around?
  4. TodayBledFate

TodayBledFate Member

He tried, with all of the cases. No luck - he has never seen this happen either.

My battery door was snapped shut all the way.
  5. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

That is odd I have a hard case from Verizon and it is difficult to get on and off but I can her it if I try. Do you have any other issues with your phone? If you do you should try to get Verizon to replace it
  6. McLabia

McLabia Well-Known Member

I bought a hardshell case a while back and it didnt fit. I figured that it was just a poorly made one. Honestly though, unless youre dead set on the hardshell case, I would check out the Ringke cases for us. I LOVE this freaking cover.. Ive never felt better about holding my phone and not worrying about dropping it. I have once, and whenever I dont have the case on I get a little wary of it happening again.

http://androidforums.com/htc-thunderbolt/329617-ringke-case-thunderbolt.html

Theyre inexpensive and imo, the best case for the money.
  7. TodayBledFate

TodayBledFate Member

Would you mind linking me up, thank you!

I thought it was just how I put it on too - so I went to the store and scheduled to talk with a rep. They were almost smug about why I would make an appointment to talk about putting a case on, until they couldnt get it on either.
  8. McLabia

Rearth USA | Go ahead, judge us by the cover!
  9. TodayBledFate

TodayBledFate Member

Thanks a lot! I like that you can cap the audio jack with this cover. I work outside and hike often - and the dust seems to find its way inside of there no matter what I contain the phone in.
  10. McLabia

Thats one of my favorite features to be honest. Did you read my review on it? Also, check out the video that was done by it by a Good guy(albiet bad taste in sports:p) and its really useful.

YouTube - ‪Case Review - Ringke by Rearth for HTC Thunderbolt‬‏
    Ibrick likes this.
  11. Ibrick

Ibrick Well-Known Member

Another vote for the ringke.

Definitely my favorite soft case. Great feel and repels dust and oil like no other.

You will need to do a little trimming to get the proximity sensor to work however.
    McLabia likes this.
  12. McLabia

Heh, yeah, forgot about that. Thats the only flaw. I cut a spot away for it.
  13. Ibrick

Ibrick Well-Known Member

I tried to make a nice neat little opening and ended up cutting the whole piece off.. :p

With a little extra work with a razor it looks like it came that way.
  14. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE! VIP Member

15. McLabia

Fixed for you good sir. :D
    gobluejd likes this.
  16. McLabia

I took a knife and started at the crest and then went down. Cut a nice little triangle out and it didnt kill the stability of the case.
    Ibrick likes this.