1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Hardware buttons, especially power button

1. anandroiduser

anandroiduser Well-Known Member

Quick query regarding the hardware buttons on HTC Legend - how are you finding the quality of these to be?

I'm somewhat concerned about my power button especially as I've had the phone for about 2 weeks now and already it's almost pushed down to the level of the phone. Granted that I probably press it no less than 30 times a day to unlock the phone but still...

I also read somewhere that there might be another option to unlock the phone instead of pushing the power button, anyone know what this might be? (If it isn't a myth that is.) Noting the wide range of apps out there, I wonder if it might be possible to change the hardware button for locking, and maybe put it to another button (or to enable some type of rotation between buttons). Any other tips would be great!

My home button too is feeling a bit slack... Can anyone comment on this and how their button feels?

On the bright side, the volume rocker is perfect. :)

Advertisement
  2. Ferox

Ferox Well-Known Member

Hi I too have questioned the quality of the buttons particularly my Home button it gives of a click that somehow fails to reassure me of its quality and it feels that it isn't seated quite swell as the others. I have to admit it was one of my very first thoughts when I received the phone and only hope they don't let us down.
  3. c_man

c_man Well-Known Member

From my readings, it seems as though once the phone is rooted, ALL aspects of hardware are able to be accessed by SenseUI and SenseUI is able to access ALL areas of the hardware.

As such, one your phone is rooted, an app that enables you to assign another button to perform the same function as the power button [when the Legend is locked/asleep] should allow you to achieve this.

Whether this is currently feasible is another question, though as a prospective Legend purchaser [?!] I hope it is as I do not like the idea of pressing the power button to wake the phone either...
  4. c0nde

c0nde Member

I think that the power button will last long enough. Anyway, if it doesn't you still have HTC warranty for 2 years.
  5. anandroiduser

@c_man I wonder though, is it really necessary to root the phone just to achieve this.. For example, I've been downloading a few apps recently that allow me to long press my Search button and access a specific app's functionality. Therefore, in the same vein, couldn't an app be created that applied this same logic to power button? ...

@c0nde hmm.. I forgot about this... *time to reread the warranty documentation that came with the phone... Cheers.
  6. anandroiduser

@Ferox I hope so too! But maybe warranty, like c0nde suggested, is the answer?!
  7. stan-droid

stan-droid New Member

is there any setting for turning on my Legend without the powerbutton, but just the push of any hardware button?
  8. anandroiduser

9. dasy2k1

dasy2k1 New Member

Having problems with my power button after using my phone today in the wet,

its not responding reliably to presses, and sometimes is registering spurious presses

thankfully i have found Tap Tap App which lets you tap the proximity sensor twice to perform much the same affect as pressing the power button
  10. iamhtclegend

iamhtclegend Member

My whole row of keys kind of floats. I can move it a milimeter to either side...but it doesn't seem to be getting worse after a few months. Power button has been fine.
  11. batmandroid

batmandroid Well-Known Member

So far widget locker seems to be the best for this. It has alot of great features for ssetting up shortcuts on lock screen. It also lets you wake with any hardware button. All or none which is no good for me. I dont want volume to wake and stuff. Apparently, it is a limitation of androids that prevents then from applying different functionality to different hardware buttons in this app.