HARDWARE ID MissingSupport

Last Updated:

1. athegn

athegn Well-Known Member

HARDWARE ID Missing

My S2 get this message after upgrading to Kies on my Win 7(32) desktop.

Do not have this problem on my Win 7(32) laptop after upgrading it to Kies

Why should my pc report this problem?

2. rosco1712

rosco1712 Member

I've been getting this message after updating to 4.0.4 and updating Kies to but intermitantly, sometimes I can unplug my phone then re-connect and it will work. I've also noticed that if I go into "about phone", Status, my serial number shows all zeros. I've been in touch with samsung about it and was told that engineers would look into the problem and if it was identified as a fault, then an updated firmware would be issued.
  3. athegn

athegn Well-Known Member

I keep moving from one USB port to another and sometimes it works; other times it does not; working at the moment - dare not unplug as almost certainly will fail on next connect!

Guess I will have to live with that?
  4. infracom

infracom Member

I am getting exactly the same problem. But it also affects my Galaxy Tab 2 after I upgraded Kies.
    Both S2 and Tab 2 connected with no problem before I upgraded Kies. The S2 was upgraded to ICS but the Tab 2 has not been change in any way. My PC is running Vista business. It seems that Samsung have screwed up the USB drivers in some way with the Kies upgrade.
  5. athegn

athegn Well-Known Member

All I can say is just keep trying. Sometimes I plug my S2 in and the message does not appear and the pc recognizes the S2 other times it does not; just unplug and try again - usually after a couple of attempts it works.
  6. naith_kk

naith_kk Well-Known Member

The only way to solve this hardware missing id issue is to use a previous kies version's usb drivers... to some, the older 1.4 and early 1.5 versions of samsung usb drivers seem to be preventing this warning message from appearing.

P/S if you're going to ask me where to get these versions to download, I'm looking for them too. :(
  7. jayroller

jayroller Well-Known Member

I've had a quick browse through my files, the oldest usb driver version I have is (the digital signature date is 21/06/12) - maybe too new for you, but if you want them let me know and I'll upload them for you to try.

EDIT: v1.4.8.0 available here, or 1.4.103 available here. :smokingsomb:
  8. naith_kk

naith_kk Well-Known Member

I was hoping to get the drivers off official sources/mirrors (and am still searching for those... hopefully they're out there somewhere), but thanks for the offer... I have versions up to the latest usb drivers downloaded from various p2p sources, and once my search yields no results, I'll have to sandbox those installers, root out viruses (if any) and dissect the drivers that do not show the hardware error messages.
  9. infracom

infracom Member

Silly thing is that if one does not install Kies at all the Samsung devices work OK. I can USB connect to my Dell notebook running XP, never even seen Kies, and purchased almost three years ago. But uninstalling Kies does not seem to remove updated USB drivers.
  10. GloryHornet

GloryHornet New Member

I know this is reopening an old thread.

I have found if I have Kies installed it stops me being able to access and usb drive larger than 4gb for some reason, Uninstall Kies no problems with drives.

I can reproduce this over and over, something drastically wrong with Kies, really screws with my machine.

And with only being able to upgrade to Jellybean with kies I'm stuffed.
  11. togger161

togger161 Well-Known Member

I don't like kies. It also messed my machine up, to the point where I install it, use it to install updates, then remove it again. Won't be going back on my machine now until official JB rom is out.
  12. HPete197

HPete197 New Member

I registered to post this from another user on another forum. It worked for me:

This happened to me since I updated Kies. What works for me:
    Go to settings -> more (under data usage) -> USB Utilities -> connect storage to PC -> OK
    Windows now does recognise the phone and you can browse the phone as a drive. Kies will give you an error.
    Turn off USB Storage, disconnect the phone.
    Take out the USB cable and put it back in and Windows should detect the phone properly now and Kies will recognise it too.

Good luck!