Hardware issues with newer Batches of Droid X's that come preloaded with 2.2Support

Last Updated:

1. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so this is for the people that just got a new Droid X from the newer batches that come with 2.2 loaded in them.

I know there was some talk of early Droid Xs coming with the loose row of keys...here and there I heard! However, the new batch of Droid X's that I checked out all had very loose keys, Like both rows had alot of play? IMO thats a big no no, because with heavy use they can only get worse. Also new Droid x's are coming with the newer screens that were on back order, what I saw on two of them was pretty bizzare, the screen when turned off had alot of weird haze to it, hard to explain, but it looked almost blurry. When turned on you cant really tell, but when off, the wiggly lines are there? Also on board was a slightly yellow screen while in a White page like Google. WTF with these companies, it's enough that they release a new Android phone every single month, but phone quality is just not up to snuff IMO, that goes for Samsung, HTC, and yes YOU MOTO! Anyway, anyone else with a new X seeing any of these issues

Advertisement
  2. breynolds007

breynolds007 Well-Known Member

I have 3 coming, so I'll have to see. Received 1 refurb yesterday and didn't notice any issues yet. Loaded with 2.2 already, didn't notice anything strange.(None of the wi-fi or software issues I've heard a lot about recently...at least yet) My first experience with the X but the buttons do seem a little loose. I've got another refurb on the way and a brand new one delivered today waiting for me at home and I'll look it over tonight.

3. protocollie

protocollie Active Member

I'm sending back the 2.2-preloaded one I just got... it had several stuck pixels and was constantly overheating for no reason. Definitely in no way near the build quality of my original droid X.

4. khsjsilver

khsjsilver Well-Known Member

My second Droid X came with 2.1 and arrived with a broken ear phone (horrible buzzing in the ear phone). My 3rd Droid X came with 2.2 and no hardware issues, although I am still having 3g drop issues.

It is amazing to me that so many people have had to replace their Droid X. I am very glad I took a 1 year contract, not a 2 year!!

5. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Something I noticed is that my screen on the new one I got has a yellow tint to it? Its not bright white while in an all white page like google...my original had a bright crisp white screen, along with a boat load of issues...can't win!

6. Fate0n3

Fate0n3 Well-Known Member

I am glad I am not the only person having issues with these phone. It seems like a lot of people are having a lot of different issues with these phones. I dunno how Motorola's QC works but they really need to step it up a notch. I am on my 4th X and it is going back tomm all for different reasons.