1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Hardware Version 0004

1. jxr94

jxr94 Well-Known Member

Well, went and picked up my dad's evo for him today and decided to check the hardware version. It turns out to be a 0004 with what i assume to be the epson screen since the rosie is "blacker". Just thought you guys might like to see.

IMAG0027.jpg

I will post another picture in a minute!

Sorry its upside down lol

Advertisement
    :
  2. YaBoiD

YaBoiD Well-Known Member

Interesting....
    I wonder what other improvements there are.
  3. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

waiting to hear more details.....
  4. s_special

s_special Well-Known Member

i have 0003, what does this all mean?
  5. Droid_Genius

Droid_Genius Well-Known Member

If I remember this is the phone version, may have made improvements to hardware
  6. jxr94

jxr94 Well-Known Member

Ok, my apologies for taking so long, I went out with the family for a while, and after checking it out thoroughly, i noticed a few things

Power button is higher, it is noticeably higher than my ver 0003
    Volume buttons are higher as well
    His capacitive buttons vibrate a bit better than mine
    Epson screen

HTC hasn't addressed these things on my dads phone

Screen separation is still present
    Some light leakage is still present

So, to wrap it up, there isn't really too much improvement and he is being (for a lack of a better word) a baby, so i will have to mess with it some more when he is away.

For some reason i keep getting a database error when trying to upload a picture so it will have to wait again
  7. conor.in

conor.in Well-Known Member

This may be a benefit to Sprint's delay in allowing me to upgrade. I planned to get one today but have to wait until the 9th. Hopefully that means I'll get the new hardware.
  8. jxr94

jxr94 Well-Known Member

Eh, i still kinda prefer my 0003 simply because i don't have any seperation or light leakage, but i wish mine had that raised power button.
  9. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

This
  10. Awful

Awful Well-Known Member

Otterbox case. You'l want to sex your buttons.
  11. zion168

zion168 Active Member

When you press the home or search button with moderate pressure, does the screen have a sort of ripple effect?
  12. jxr94

jxr94 Well-Known Member

well since its his phone I didn't bother applying a lot of pressure to the screen.
  13. conor.in

conor.in Well-Known Member

Raised power button? You mean they've improved the one on top? This is good news that I hadn't heard.
  14. jxr94

jxr94 Well-Known Member

Yea in his siedio rugged case it clicks when i press it down like the volume buttons
  15. jxr94

jxr94 Well-Known Member

After checking my screen ype, it seems i have an epson too, but his is greyer than mine. I have a screen protector on mine which is probably the difference
  16. redenfield

redenfield Active Member

I received a hardware version 004 last week as a replacement phone sent from Sprint. I had a hardware version 002 that I bought on launch day that the vibrate motor went out on. I also had to have the screen replaced twice in my 002 as it had screen separation after about 3 months and then the new screen had several dead pixels.

The only noticeable difference is that fact that there is ZERO light leakage at the bottom and the screen does seem a bit more 'grey'.
  17. jxr94

jxr94 Well-Known Member

My power and volume buttons are getting harder and harder to press as the days go by, so pretty soon i might need to take my evo back :(
  18. HTCRALEIGHFAN

HTCRALEIGHFAN Well-Known Member

my wife rcvd version 4 2day due to the ver 3 evo decided to do a greg louganis into a halloween party tub of alcoholic punch. the ver 3 phone turns on but the screen is whitish gray u can press the screen and whatever screen its on stuff turns on...gonna hold it for a few for poss parts or some crap

only thing i see it has 2.2 and zero light leakage.
  19. jarablue

jarablue Well-Known Member

Has the hardware cpu/ram been upgraded at all in version 004? Is there a spec sheet comparing the different hardware revisions 001-004? I'd love to see what has been changed.
  20. revtime

revtime Well-Known Member

Lockbot Pro and you will only have to use your power button for actually powering down the device. Saves wear and tear on that power button.
  21. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Make sexy time with buttons? Mmmm
    jxr94 likes this.
  22. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

...but what turns the screen on then?
  23. xtravbx

xtravbx Well-Known Member

That will definitely not happen, ever.

If they ever change the specs of the Evo - they will simply be releasing a new phone instead.
  24. Brian Rubin

Brian Rubin Well-Known Member

How does that work, exactly?
  25. Brian Rubin

Brian Rubin Well-Known Member

K, I snagged Lockbot Pro and actually...it's awesome. It's like WidgetLocker in that it allows you to use the volume keys to wake up the phone (hence not using the power button). It also lets you change the lock style (iPhone, Hero, Eclair, Froyo, X10 and Galaxy) and lets you do cool things like shake the phone gently to unlock it. So far I really like it.