1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Hardware Version 0004

1. sintricate

sintricate Well-Known Member

From what I've read, HTC is just using a different camera. Not sure if it's better or not. This is just what I read though so it's not 100% fact/proven.
  2. Musclehead84

Musclehead84 Well-Known Member

I can't remember where I read it at. I'll try to find it. Has something to do with camera
  3. raqball

raqball Well-Known Member

Version smersion....

If your device has no problems then why exchange it?

I think people get way to caught up in a version number.....
    xtravbx and BenChase7 like this.
  4. Musclehead84

I know what u mean raqball I just don't want to get outofmy 30 daysand then have screen trouble and get a refurbished one. I was also wondering if version 4 had better improvements
  5. raqball

raqball Well-Known Member

I hear ya but there is no guarantee that version 4 will be trouble free... If you have a good working and trouble free device, I'd stick with it...

Some refurbished devices are actually better than new ones...
    kat3k likes this.
  6. TBon350

TBon350 Well-Known Member

I've got a version 4 and don't believe I have a different build number, etc. as I was easily able to root and compare my phone software with everyone else who was up to date.
  7. Bnice

Bnice Guest

8. Musclehead84

I'll just stick with the one I have. My luck ill exchange my phone and get a 4 with problems. Does anyone have light leakage on a version 4? Was this problem fixed or did HTC ignore it again? Thx for the replies.
  9. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

No...light leakage still present. Power and volume buttons seem better.

There are some users with newer phones having camera issues and screen response issues but I have seen no indication to which version those phones are. There is a thread on the first or second page of this general forum where some people that have vers 4 have chimed in.
  10. heavychevy

heavychevy Well-Known Member

NO
  11. zion168

zion168 Active Member

I was on the last day of my exchange period when best buy got the new 004 phones in. Got the new phone home and wow it's like a whole different beast! The screen's brighter, back cover has more pearlies, camera even takes x-ray pictures. I would so regret if I didn't get the version 4. Do it!
  12. explain.
    BenChase7 and jxr94 like this.
  13. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

LMAO.. last 2 posts!

Zion.. you wrong!! soo wrong!!
    BenChase7 likes this.
  14. cleezyone

cleezyone New Member

Can someone help me find aqw site to watch movies on
  15. cleezyone

cleezyone New Member

Ui
    Just got the phone need help, trying to watch movies online help
  16. What does that quote have to do with finding movies? And what's aqw? And please, do a search, there are TONS of threads about watching movies on the evo.
  17. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

Does anyone know if Sprint is giving out refurbished 004's yet because i have a 003 that I will most likely be getting a "new" one and it would be nice to get the new hardware, also if you have a 003 would they give you a refurbished 002?
  18. effluent

effluent Well-Known Member

I have a 002 from launch day and the only issues are light leakage under one button just a tad that I wouldn't have noticed if not for this board, and I've started to get dust under the screen on the top left corner that I can only see in bright sunlight. No screen separation.
  19. I highly doubt it. Since they just started giving out NEW 004's, there is no way they would have refurbs yet.

VERY possible. Refurbs are all 002's or 003's
  20. saturnine

saturnine Active Member

Anyone know where the water damage sensor is on 004? I don't see it like on the older versions picture.
  21. conor.in

conor.in Well-Known Member

I just got an 003 yesterday. Light leakage like a pro.

DOesn't bother me though.
  22. zion168

zion168 Active Member

Anyone received a 004 with non-Epson screen?
  23. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

Amen.

I have a 002 from launch day and a 003 I picked up 3 weeks later. (his and hers.) Both are flawless.
  24. a320ca

a320ca Member

Received 2 new EVO 4Gs from wirefly this week. Both are version 0004 and neither have light leakage. Power and volume buttons are good. No issues, great phones!:D
  25. xtravbx

xtravbx Well-Known Member

Light leakage doesn't bother me at all - but dust in the upper left corner bothers me BIG TIME. Does anyone w/ ver 004 have this issue? I'm looking at having my phone replaced due to the dust issue.