Has a replacement actually worked better?General

Last Updated:

1. Natas

Natas Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Had to call last night and complain. Wife is 9 months pregnant and have been getting the silent bug 5+ times a day. If she wasn't pregnant, I'd deal with it, but can't miss a call and really don't want to reboot so I can make a phone call.

Anyone get a replacement that actually works?

Advertisement
  2. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

Mine works great. got it about 2 weeks before OTA came. ota sucked. downgraded back to 1.5, and then have been root ever since. my suggestion. swap it out for another refurb and r00t that bad boy!!!

3. ttran97

ttran97 Well-Known Member

I've had my replacement for almost a week and so far so good. The only problem that I had before was the silent bug and for now, that hasn't show up in my replacement. Plus, I was able to root so this phone totally rocks now!

4. Natas

Natas Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

seems like rooting is the way to go, replacement should be here tomorrow, thank god

5. varkie

varkie Well-Known Member

got my replacement last night, came with 2.1 and hboot 1.49 s-on so can't root. was a little dissapointed but not surprised as i knew it was getting harder to get a replacement with 1.5 still on it.

had the silent bug and problems receiving calls with my old phone and no problems so far with the replacement. it is nice that calls are actually coming through again.

6. eghill1125

eghill1125 Well-Known Member

My wife got her replacement on Sunday for the silent phone problems and has had them continously with her replacement too. It had a refurb date of 4-16 on it and it still doesn't work right..

7. buff12db

buff12db Well-Known Member

I got a replacement because my screen would scroll to the left uncontrollably whether on the charger or not. I got a replacement that scrolls to the left moderately but only when on the charger. So I guess it does work better, but I hate having to take my phone off the charger to use it.

8. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

Got a refurb the second week of May (the week they started rolling out the OTA) because my old phone had the silent bug. New phone hasn't had it yet and it's been four weeks. Build date on the refurb is Feb. 22.

9. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

my replacement works just like my brand new one did. but better. mine had the trackball problem. got my replacement 2 weeks before OTA, and rooted same day I opened the mail.

10. BigBeefy

BigBeefy Well-Known Member

My replacement is much better than my original. It is a refurb. It is all around a better phone and it is now rooted as well.

11. greyhndz

greyhndz Well-Known Member

Got my refurb about a week ago, dated 5/18. I don't want to jinx myself, but so far, so good.

My prior phone developed paranoid schizophrenia in the weeks after the OTA, but as of now, the replacement shows none of the problems I had with the old one. I'm really glad I listened to the good advice here, and did the swap.

ETA: it came loaded with 2.1, 1.49 - no root for me.

12. Peter123

Peter123 Well-Known Member

My phone (OTA2.1) seems to be snappier after daily restart (battery pull).
    Sometimes I am getting the silent bug (less with the battery pull).

My Verizon Store refused to give me an exchage saying that the bug is software and HTC will correct it.
    Peter

13. gpa111

gpa111 Well-Known Member

Mine works great. 1.47 bootloader, haven't rooted yet.

14. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

The replacement works great, too bad I can't root. Darn shame, since I really liked that about my old phone. Maybe someone will find an exploit someday....

15. donaldb1986

donaldb1986 Active Member

I am on my second refurbished phone and have had problems with both.

16. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I didn't want to hear that. My phone has developed a large dead spot on the screen where it won't recognize a touch (under zero and the 'star' on the dialer). I have a new phone coming tomorrow. Up until this point my current phone has been trouble free, hopefully the replacement is as good.

17. fmadrigal

fmadrigal Well-Known Member

Okay My replacement should be here by Monday...but get this. While talking to the VZW "Scott" on the phone he says that my replcement Eris will be coming with the latest Android software 2.2....i waited a little to see if he would correct himself. Then i said...i'm sorry what version? He said 2.2.

So than I asked him again JUST to clarify..."So the eris that you are sending won't be coming with the updated version 2.1 but the new 2.2? He said "Yes, the 2.2" and i Said really "What is the difference between them?" and he says "Oh there's a lot, check out www.droid-life.com to see all the changes".

Now he either
    #1 got confused and is sending me a droid replacement instead of my Eris
    #2 Is sending me the 2.1 and doesn't know the difference
    or
    #3 SOMEHOW they are are sending out updated Eris phones....

I believe more 1 or 2.

Could this be possible?

18. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I'm thinking #2, maybe even #1. Its pretty far fetched that they would already have 2.2 ready for the Eris when 2.1 barely came out a month ago officially. And I don't think VZW support has direct control over what software the phone will get anyway, so how would he know?

19. fmadrigal

fmadrigal Well-Known Member

yeah....i know... :( but i'm hoping AT LEAST he made the mistake and sent me the DROID because they're closer to the 2.2 Than we are...but I really love my Eris.

I've gotta be optimistic these days.

20. alk1

alk1 Well-Known Member

Yes I had started to have a problem with the phone freezing. The new phone has not had the problem.
    It also just seems to be faster and the phone part is actually now nearly perfect almost all the delay is gone.
    I am extremely happy I exchanged my phone.:D:D:D:D:D