Has a Samsung Phon ever?

Last Updated:

1. plainbrad

plainbrad Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has the OS ever been updated on any Samsung android phones?

I know that there are promises that the galaxy S line will get OS updates but what is the track record? Has a Samsung android phone ever been updated?

Advertisement
  2. The Tick077

The Tick077 Well-Known Member

Wow really? Been hanging out in the Evo board too much? J/K I acctually am waiting for the epic so I can decide to get the epic or the evo.

To answer the question, yes, the Moment got an updated OS BEFORE the HTC Hero did. Yet somehow samsung doesn't support it's phones - go figure.

3. Nickk

Nickk Active Member

The galaxy S line of phones is being released world-wide. It would be monumentally stupid of Samsung not to continue to update them.

4. ragnarokx

ragnarokx Well-Known Member

That's what I'm hoping - strength in numbers!

5. SebastianX

SebastianX Well-Known Member

Some facts for the Evo influenced folk...

HTC released a phone last year called the HTC Hero.

A few weeks maybe a month later Samsung released a phone called the Samsung Moment....

Both were promised a 1.6 update (which they decided wasn't a good option) later we were told we would get a 2.1 Eclair update....

Months pass (ok ok... closer to a half a year, lol), and guess what Samsung gets the update before the Hero HTC fans dwell, about a month later the Hero finally gets the update and Samsung beats HTC to the punch even though it was released after the Hero.

And they lived happily ever after!

Don't buy into the hype, HTC is just as bad if not worse than Samsung with updates, and if we compare build quality HTC is laughable. Do some Google searches for prior devices and see/compare who has more complaints.

6. cds0699

cds0699 Well-Known Member

I bought my Moment with 1.5 on it, and its been updated to 2.1 for a while now.

7. Kittyfae

Kittyfae Well-Known Member

Also to be fair the Behold II was updated to 1.6 from 1.5 too. :p

8. Stoney62

Stoney62 Well-Known Member

Well, let's see--my moment came with Android 1.5 and it now has 2.1 So, I would say yes they have. Also the rumor is out that The EPIC will not only get 2.2 Froyo, 3.X is coming soon for high end phones and it's my understanding, the EPIC meets that spec.

9. WarStoke

WarStoke Active Member

well also the ip700 and ip800 series windows mobile phones got official updates

10. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

Instinct was updated many times. It was predicted by Hero owners ( and many Moment owners) that HTC Hero would have 2.1 months ahead of Samsung Moment. We see how that turned out.

11. vbetts

vbetts Well-Known Member

Problem is Sprint, Samsung and HTC did not take their android line up seriously. With smart phones becoming more common everyday, they're forced to now with all the expectations they set. The only one who has taken Android seriously, is probably Motorola with the Droid. Other than that they don't pay too much attention to their android line up.