Has anybody ever not been able to uninstall an app?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by roastedpepper, Mar 29, 2010.

1. roastedpepper

roastedpepper Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    I read sometimes in comments of applications that people can't uninstall the app. Has anyone come across this issue before? I have yet to have this problem but should I steer clear of people complaining about apps not uninstalling?

Advertisement
  2. neversatisfied

neversatisfied Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Im having the same issue with my HTC Hero in the sprint hero threads. Spare parts refuses to uninstall and it gives me an error "uninstall not successful". I tried erasing everything to factory/default, i went into recovery and wiped, but the file is still there. Its confusing the hell outta me.

3. roastedpepper

Nov 12, 2009
    Wow kinda makes me scared to download apps

4. neversatisfied

neversatisfied Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    I don't think you have to worry much. I just think it glitched. Cus i can install another copy of the spare parts and it doesn't override. Im just paranoid because I think this damn thing is a virus or something lol. And all I did was install it from a SD card then used aTrackDog to find an updated version to update and it didnt update it, just reinstalled lol.

Funny thing is that the application info says version 0 :p

5. lone_anarchist

lone_anarchist Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    maybe you can use root explorer to see what the permissions are set to, maybe its a read only? idk you can change permissions in that to

6. ScottPV

ScottPV Active Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I had a similar problem. Solved it using the "Fix Permissions" option in Rom Manager.

Scott

7. roastedpepper

Nov 12, 2009
    Okayu I'm a noob at this stuff but when I looked at the spare parts app discription it says if you want to uninstall if first change the setting back?

8. dodger55fan

dodger55fan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I have a similar problem with astrid ... I tried to uninstall, said "uninstall not successful", and now it's gone and can't find it while looking at my current applications, but if i go to the astrid page on the market it says it's installed ... and no ption to open or uninstall ...

9. skunkpbguy

skunkpbguy Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Retail
    Springfield, MO
    I also have an app that doesn't show on the download que for Marketplace, but it still appears on my phone and works.. how do I kill that app?

10. roastedpepper

Nov 12, 2009
    Would it show up under manage applications and then uninstall?

skunkpbguy likes this.
  11. skunkpbguy

skunkpbguy Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Retail
    Springfield, MO
    That worked perfectly! Thanks, guess I'm still learning all the in and outs...

12. roastedpepper

Nov 12, 2009
    I'm still a noob too but glad I could help!