• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has anybody found a wireless Qi charger for the Galaxy S5 ACTIVE (SM-G870A)?

Seems like a cool find, but it has nothing to do with wireless charging. This product still requires use of the phones USB port for charging. I have plenty of access to electrical outlets, so power isn't a problem. Its the constant wear and tear on the Galaxy S5 Active's USB port that I'm worried about, not to mention the little plastic cover over the port that has to be opened and closed for each charge. That's the beauty of wireless charging. No direct connections.

Upvote 0
Seems like a cool find, but it has nothing to do with wireless charging. This product still requires use of the phones USB port for charging. I have plenty of access to electrical outlets, so power isn't a problem. Its the constant wear and tear on the Galaxy S5 Active's USB port that I'm worried about, not to mention the little plastic cover over the port that has to be opened and closed for each charge. That's the beauty of wireless charging. No direct connections.

All right~ Sorry for wasting your time.

Upvote 0
Sooo, I'm reading this because my USB charging port is now out of commission. Any luck dosing a good wireless charger for the Active? *fingers crossed*

On another forum where I asked the same question, someone responded with a quote from Samsung that there are no Qi charging options for the S5 Active because the battery module was not configured to allow one. Ever. Sorry.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones