Has anybody seen the Verizon Prices.General

Last Updated:

1. splatoid

splatoid Well-Known Member

I was illegible for a discounted upgrade for my dinc and I went to there site.
    Good lord have they lost there mind.
    $590.00 for the dinc 2 all there phones have gone up real high from a year and a half ago. I will stick to my droid incredible 1 I still like my phone anyway. was just looking. They are getting out of hand for sure.

Advertisement
  2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

That's about right for an off contract smartphone.
    Crashumbc likes this.
  3. callmeox

callmeox Well-Known Member

Assuming that you are eligible for an early upgrade...

Hit reload on the VZW page if you don't see the correct pricing when logged in. The same thing happened to me when checking prices last week and the page refresh fixed it.
  4. splatoid

Yeah I did that and same. I even tried my wifes who has had the same phone for 4 years and same. Must be a just a glitch.
  5. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Did the same thing to me until i filtered search results to show only android OS.. weird though
  6. Medion

Medion Well-Known Member

Droid Incredible 2 is $459.99 on their website, off contract. Keep in mind that when you buy a new phone on a contract, you are paying a subsidized price wherein you are agreeing to pay back the difference between the retail price and the reduced price you paid during your contract, either by paying "$10/month" as part of your monthly contract, or via the $350 ETF for canceling early. You just don't see the $10/month because, unlike European carriers, US carriers charge the inflated price whether you're on contract or off.

So, as per their terms, you get the reduced price only as a new customer, or during a qualified upgrade, which is after 20 months (13 on old contracts, online only until your each 20 months).
  7. answerman

answerman Well-Known Member

Just did a NE2 for my wife, she was at the 20 month mark. Ditched her Eris for an Incredible 2. $169 with a new 2 year contract.

Nice phone, btw. It's not "better enough" than my Incredible to want to upgrade, but it's a heck of a nice phone.
  8. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

I would be doing the exact same thing but Verizon replaced her Eris with an incredible for free so I will wait a while for the vigor before I even think of a new.phone
  9. Jman42028

Jman42028 Well-Known Member

yeah what you saw was the off contract price. At my store we have the inc2 for $149 after MIR. Its a great phone, I love it, not a huge upgrade over the original inc though. The only reason I have mine is because of an insurance claim, otherwise I would have waited for a the new HTC phone coming out this fall.
  10. invincible_dr

invincible_dr Member

I wonder if I can get a droid2 Inc without paying for 150. My contract is up in 8/2012. By that time will it be free? I'm paying alot of money for the Droid Inc 1 as is. I should use it more often. Like Pandora and emailing everyday.
  11. Medion

Medion Well-Known Member

Mine is also up at on 8/2012, so your NE2 should be 4/2012. By then, the "Incredible 3" or whatever it will be called should be out. You can also upgrade via Amazon for better prices. So, while the Incredible 2 should be free, you should be looking at the newer phones. Otherwise, your Incredible 2 will essentially be 3 years old at your next upgrade.
  12. codeyh

codeyh Active Member

the concept of subsidies and contract prices are just lost on people, aren't they?
  13. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Huh?:confused:

:D
  14. Sailingmaster

Sailingmaster Well-Known Member

Yes. Yes they are. Taking escalated calls, you would not believe the amount of people who just think that phones should just be free. I'm not talking about flip phones. I'm talking iPhones and 4G LTE phones. I can't count the number of times I've been called a thief and/or a crook due to 2-year pricing, let alone full retail.
  15. codeyh

codeyh Active Member

The problem is, the wireless industry set those expectations with the penny nokias and audiovoxes back in the day.
  16. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member

The wireless industry is a crook to an extent. I am out of contract on my entire account(family plan with 3 smart phones) yet I pay the same per month as a brand new customer with brand new subsidized phones. Why am I paying the same per month when I have nothing being subsidized on my account....where is my discount of ~$10 per line since you are not paying for my phones.
  17. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

So you're paying prices that are predicated on you receiving a massive discount/deal every 2 years. You decide not to use that discount. Thus that company is a crook. I don't think that logic works out.

Especially since Verizon offers prepaid month-month plans.
    callmeox likes this.
  18. codeyh

codeyh Active Member

Does it say in your contract after you go month-to-month you get a discount? no.

So why are you expecting it? dumb.
    callmeox likes this.
  19. Medion

Medion Well-Known Member

He never said that he expected it. He's stating that it SHOULD be like that, just as it is in Europe.

I feel he's right.
  20. kool kat2

kool kat2 Well-Known Member

That's what I got from it. I didn't know that's how this worked. Shady as heck...
  21. splatoid

Well the page info and format has been changed since last time I saw it and I was just not reading it right. Once I got my head out of my #$# the prices were in line with contract prices.
  22. golfinglenn

golfinglenn Well-Known Member

There are also other places to go to get cheaper upgrades. I upgraded to the inc2 at costco for $39 plus free accesory pack. Verizon was like $169. Pays to check around.
  23. kool kat2

kool kat2 Well-Known Member

True, i got 2 droid x's in january for 60 plus accessories. I even asked if they were charging me for phones.