has anyone been able to access planet 3?

Last Updated:

1. red chumpo

red chumpo Member This Topic's Starter

has anyone been able to access planet 3 from their htc desire?

as far as i know, the first batch to be sent out (including mine) have been unbranded).

3's website and customer service are useless, but i got the url from another thread (in the htc hero section): http: //mobile.three.co.uk/sdf/p3android

the page loaded in wifi, but told me i couldn't access it through wifi and to connect via 3g. have now turned off wifi and am now attempting to connect but the page isn't loading.

this is very annoying - it's three that have sent out unbranded phones and now i'm just expected to work it out for myself as they apparently have no idea how to sort it :mad:

Advertisement
  2. hippy247

hippy247 Well-Known Member

I got my desire from caprphone warehouse and it was supposed to be orange, but swapped the sim back to my 3 sim because they are more generous on PAYG data allowances and just buy a

red chumpo likes this.
  3. red chumpo

thanks for the reply - have you got a link to the manual set up? i have had a rake around the three.co.uk site but haven't found anything

4. HTC_Desire

HTC_Desire Well-Known Member

5. red chumpo

thanks, through there i eventually managed to sort it out by getting them to send me a link to 'news' (the msn link they sent me didn't work), and from there i was able to click 'services' which took me to the planet3 page. so have bookmarked it. for anyone else who wants the link, try this:

http://mobile.three.co.uk/sdf/quickmenu/1001

the downside is that when i try to download skype or msn it claims that the htc desire is not compatible, even though both products are advertised with the phone on the deals sign up page at the three store.

Markg likes this.
  6. HTC_Desire

HTC_Desire Well-Known Member

There is a free Skype app on the marketplace that will only work with 3 - No idea whether it is the official one or not though. Just search Skype and it is the first hit.

Regards
    Ken..................

7. theartfullodger

theartfullodger Well-Known Member

Re..

8. weirdNumber

weirdNumber Well-Known Member

3 said in the desire announcement blog post that Skype and MSN apps would be on the market in due course for the unbranded desires they are selling