Has anyone been able to pay full retail for the x IN Store?

Last Updated:

1. Skyfox16

Skyfox16 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

At my local verizon store and they say they cannot sell me a Droid x at full retail..... crazy....

Now after an hour and a half the store manager is willing to to sell me one.

I just wish they wouldn't lie and say the system wont allow them and that its a store and even a district policy. And then in the end they sell it to me.

Advertisement
  2. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

I'm avoiding the Verizon stores at all costs. I'm visiting Walmart. It's $530 if you can find one.

3. hawkijustin

hawkijustin Well-Known Member

Sprint also did this with the evo. They want that 2 years of your life along with the phone.

4. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

They also get a lot more money with upgraders.

5. Bond111

Bond111 Active Member

I just ordered mine over the phone. I went to Wal-mart and they lady didn't know anything about it. The closest corp verizon store to me is an hour drive, and the guy on the other end 2 days ago said he didn't know if they can sell it to me @retail b/c of the 30 people "wait" list, and didn't know how many they were getting in stock until thursday morning b/c they were drop shipping them in...lame.

Mine should be here tomorrow afternoon. I can wait another day.

6. hoola

hoola Member

They are telling a fib. I am typing from my x that i paid full retail this morning. I got the X a case and screen protectors for $656 . Includes tax. The X was only 10$ more than the droid at my local store. (Its an official store not a reseller) u just gotta stay firm and don't look confused. (Loving this freakin keyboard )

Edit,
    the store was very busy. They opened at 8 instead of 9 . I got there at 830 and they had sold alot of Xs and (travis) said the had many many more with many more on the way.

7. MFFNike

MFFNike Member

Just got back from a corp store in TX. They sold me one DX at full retail and I brought over another person and added them to my plan as a new line, buying a second DX at the $199 price. No issues.

8. Skyfox16

Skyfox16 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Glad to hear others are Not having problems with getting it for retail.

I waited about 30 minutes before my name was called and when i got to the desk the rep said "Oh i dont think we can sell it at retail, i have to check with my manager and we might even be out of them already"

she came back and said the manager said no and she kept trying to get me to add a line or if i had a friend that wanted a line... which was No.

So after being told its a "Store" policy i called customer service and they confirmed that there is no hold or policy in affect and that i should be able to buy it at full retail at any corp store.

So i go back in and talk to the manager who then told me it was a "District" Policy and i called BS and told him i was on the phone with CS and they are saying there is no such policy.

At this point i was just upset that they were trying to give me this fake "policy" line so i asked for the District managers number. and he said well hold on let me make a call and ill be right back.

After a couple minutes he came out with an X and i was set to be next in line, i get to the rep and have to go through another round of her saying "are you sure" "its cheaper to add a line" and then 2.5 hours later i am finally home with my new X.

I hated being "that guy" but i did not appreciate that fact that they were trying to impose some policy that is not real just so the sales reps could get more of a kickback from new contract subscribers.

9. Mythnyr

Mythnyr Member

I just paid full retail price and am actually using my x to post this. I had heard about some stores not selling phones at retail because of limited stock, so i made sure to go to a big store that would receive over a hundred. What bums me out the most is i got stuck with a rep that appeared lost, i felt sorry for her, she was just a pretty girl trying to do her job, but i cringed as she tried to figure out how to put the battery in and set the back piece in place. Not to mention, they weren't able to xfer my contacts from my old phone because of a backup assistant app error and they don't have the update to xfer with their hardware yet because of BB to android issues. The rep also tried installing advanced task killer without my permission, and couldnt believe it when i told her and her fellow employees that i dont want that on it. However i love this phone very much.. haha

10. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

I went to a corp store this morning at 7:15am. They were opening at 8am. I had about 10-12 people ahead of me and waited for an hour. I had previously talked to the store manager and told him I was going to pay full retail. He said I should be fine.
    When my turn came, I had this nice girl help me out. She wasn't sure if I could get it full retail. She went to talk to the store manager and he said I could. This other guy who I think was another manager helped me out.
    I got just the X for a total of $614.
    I would of gone to Wal-Mart but they know anything. I was there yesterday and they didn't know if they would get any or not.