has anyone been experiencing any bugs with the ICS OSGeneral

1. smartphone45

smartphone45 Well-Known Member

HI everyone

I'm thinking of getting the galaxy s2 on boost but not sure what to do....
    I believe that ICS is flawed..can I get some feedback on this phone...

Advertisement
    :
  2. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

I am not having problems with it, and am enjoying the phone a lot. You can always root it and put a different ROM on it. The phone is the same as an Samsung epic 4g touch. So it will use any ROM that phone does.

Codegerm
  3. kevincott

kevincott Well-Known Member Contributor

Boost S2 stock ICS was flawless for me, very smooth.
  4. traciefly

traciefly Active Member

My samsung galaxy S2 isn't rooted and works like a charm...it's worth the $$$ I spent :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  5. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

the update that was pushed to the sprint version has the flaws you refer to the boost version came factory installed. i have not had the problems sprint users speak of
  6. Codegerm

True, plus I also know that not all GS2 phones even though the model number may be the same have all the same chips (supply of chips during manufacturing runs often causes this), as evidenced by running the eMMC brick bug check, some phones will have the eMMC chip that along with the firmware can cause the brick problem, and some do not.

Codegerm
  7. janathan

janathan Well-Known Member

mine have hanged twice and shut down on me with battery drain. in about 3 weeks. Not rooted. everything original : (
  8. Codegerm

have you gotten the update? Look in settings and about phone and let us know what you are running?

Codegerm
  9. kmarie450

kmarie450 New Member

I am also running 4.0.4 not rooted or anything, just got phone a week ago. And my phone has shut off on me about 3 times. Any possibile reasons or solutions??
  10. kevincott

kevincott Well-Known Member Contributor

Happened to me when I first got my S2, had me worried.

Last month or so I have had no issues.
  11. johnbobie

johnbobie Member

this has also happened to me from time to time
    Since the FI22 update, it has not happened at all..the only thing that continues to happen is sometimes I receive force closure errors with certain apps...