Has anyone bought the phone from Dell Mobility ?General

Last Updated:

1. lgh1157

lgh1157 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I was on the phone with them today, they claim to have the INC in stock and that i could get it overnighted.

It was $150, so i started going ahead with the purchase, . . . . . . . .

Then i noticed there were a few things in the contract that kinda worried me, . .. . no changing plan for 2 years, no other rebates on the account etc etc.

Does anyone have an info on this company, or have you bought a phone from them ?

They whole thing seemed a little too "sales pitchy"

Thanks for you time

L

Advertisement
  2. lgh1157

Really - no one ?

BTTT

3. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

I have not purchased from Dell Mobility. Dell Mobility orders are fulfilled by Simplexity who owns and operates WireFly. So ultimately you will be agreeing to Wireflys terms and conditions which state if you reduce your calling minutes/features or deactivate or move the device to another line within 181 days of signing they will auto charge $300 to the card you used for your initial purchase. Their ETF's are in addition to Verizons ETF's. You looking at $750 in early termination fees if you cancel the service FYI

My personal opinion to you is to avoid signing with a 3rd party all together. Sign direct with Verizon, you'll sleep better at night ;)

Kulaa likes this.
  4. lgh1157

Thank GMB, I was on the last "do you agree to these terms" and i was reading online at the same time and i kinda freaked out and cancelled the order.

Im glad to know i did the right thing

L

5. slackfumasta

slackfumasta Well-Known Member

I did, $149, got to me in less than a week.

6. gidget

gidget Well-Known Member

i bought my moto droid (the first one) through dell mobility and i have never had a more horrible ordering experience. and when that droid started to have problems (sudden restarts, lost touch in one quadrant of phone), it was like pulling teeth to get it replaced. what i ended up doing was working with verizon and just returning my first droid to dell mobility for a refund, then purchasing one through verizon. for me, never ever a 3rd party for a phone again. my customer service with verizon wireless directly has been nothing but easy and quick. i would NEVER use dell mobility again.

GrandMasterB likes this.
  7. redifrogger

redifrogger Well-Known Member

I ordered a phone through WireFly once and tried cancelling it after 16 days. Cancellation finally went through, but it was a complete nightmare. I won't use something of that sort ever again.

GrandMasterB likes this.
  8. schmca02

schmca02 New Member

Yes I did! We bought 2 Droid X's for $40 (20 each). The customer service, in my experience was good BUT I called several times to get my all my ?'s answered and demanded answers for everything. You complete 6 months of service through Dell Mobility (its still Verizon, or whatever carrier you choose) then your contract is completely handed over to Verizon. You also get an upgrade in a year. I was skeptical also but it's a good deal. I personally have had no problems. Upgrading through Dell Mobility in November for Iphone 4's :)