Has anyone figured out call waiting?Support

Last Updated:

1. krillo

krillo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Often during my calls I can hear a call waiting tone (double beep) but when I look at the screen there is no parallell call?

Am I hearing the other persons call waiting or is it a glitch in my phone? I had this issue on every ROM, 2.1, 2.2 and live in Sweden (if it makes a difference)

Advertisement
  2. krillo

I think I now know what causes it, it seems if you are on a call and, for various reasons, another system sound is activated (like email notification) this triggers the "call waiting" tone as well. Does anyone care to verify that?

3. goyal.sanchit

goyal.sanchit Well-Known Member

Just to double check....are you sure it is the call wating tone and not the "minute minder" tone?

4. krillo

Yea, I have that feature turned off

5. wjcole

wjcole New Member

I have seen the same problem on my Droid X. I noticed warning in the program Calendar Snooze which blamed this problem on the 2.2 bios and gave a work-around of turning of the text to speech announcer for their software. If the problem is with 2.2 than other text to speech programs may also cause this annoying beep beep during phone calls. The work-around cured my problems.

6. justiyad

justiyad Well-Known Member

Can't you do a test, call someone, and while on the phone let a third person call you and see if you get call waiting and if you can switch to it, if you can then it is something else.

7. krillo

Call waiting works ... it is just that is is erroneously triggered when other sounds in the are played. Like when receiving an email message in the middle of a call (assuming you have set a ringtone for emails). This is annoying, a bug, and I wish it would be fixed.

8. Chuckmd

Chuckmd New Member

how do you turn off the text to speech..it is so loud and a real pain

9. rgilmore13

rgilmore13 New Member

Did you every get a solution for this? I just got a Galaxy S Vibrant (updated to 2.2) and constantly hear beeps while in a call. However, there is no incoming call and all the Call Status Tones are turned off.

10. GG1

GG1 Well-Known Member

Just set "alerts on calls" to off in call settings.
    Settings-call settings-all calls-alerts on calls -off.

*nevermind I read this wrong*

11. 301jon

301jon New Member

I have the same problem, but I'm pretty certain it showed up only after I upgraded to 2.2. Now during almost every call I hear tones that sound identical to call-waiting tones, but apparently they are to notify me of emails. I see a small message bar if I try to look - but it's too small and disappears too quickly for me to be able to tell what notification is for what.

I am on T-Mobile, I finally called them & got a tech who searched all of their resources but couldn't find a solution. It's incredibly annoying.

I think that prior to 2.2, I heard instead my normal selected notification tone for emails, just as I would if I was not on a call. Now it interrupts the call and I have to pull the phone away & wait for the screen to wake up just in time for the notification bar to fade away so I can see whether it was actually a second call or not.

12. krillo

This disapeared for me with 2.2.1 and has stayed away for 2.3