Has anyone found out how to do this

Last Updated:

1. Papoise

Papoise Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone found out a way to see if they are being 3 wayed on a call meaning someone else is on the call listening to your convo too. I heard someone talking about this I can't find the option.

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

I don't think so, unless you are the one who did the 3 way.

3. Papoise

Oh ok I was just wondering about this.

4. Little Darwin

Little Darwin Well-Known Member

If you distrust the person you are talking to enough to even suspect this is happening, then I see no reason to continue communication with the person.

5. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

First off... You want to ASK who is on the line if suspicious. Eavesdropping or listening to a conversation that you are not a part of is illegal. Some states, allow single party consent which as long as you are party to the conversation you can record it too, legally and without notification to the other party. But anyway, unless you want to invest in some serious equipment (spy style) you will not be able to know there is a third receiver on hook to the line or call. Also, I'm not sure if that type of equipment would work on cellular service as it differs greatly from landlines.

That 3rd party... hmmmm... I would agree with Lil' Darwin.

:cool:

6. Papoise

How do u record a conversation.

7. Taterus Maximus

Taterus Maximus Well-Known Member

Check your local and state laws before doing that. I know in Louisiana that could net you the charge of "Improper use of telecommunication lines" or something like that. Generally in most states it is illegal to record a phone conversation without consent of the other party, which is why you get the "will be recorded for quality control" when calling customer service. As far as actual recording goes, I know there are a few spoofing apps that allow for recording.

8. cooolone2

Actually, Federal Law is single party consent!

States that require TWO party consent are as follows:

California
    Connecticut
    Delaware
    Florida
    Massachusetts
    Maryland
    Michigan
    Montana
    New Hampshire
    Pennsylvania
    Washington

That leaves the other 39 States as being SINGLE party consent, meaning that as long as you are party to the conversation you may record it WITHOUT consent of the other party.

Just FYI...

9. cooolone2

Papoise, to answer you... it depends ont he situation and or circumstances involved. Remember, to record a conversation you are NOT party to is illegal.

Some States, even though being single party (like NY) leave wide berth to the Judge to determine if the information on a tape is even admissible for use in legal proceedings. So anyway... There are some apps even that will record conversations for retrieval later or via e-mail. There are none that record from the Hero with the exception of using the speakerphone and the mic then records the ambient noise i,e,... conversation. Quality using this method is sometimes not too good. Using regular old landlines, there is much more available to you if this is really a need.

I hope a good app becomes available to record straight from the phone... Can't see why this was readily available years ago, that today, it would not be. Let alone in the Business world where I'm sure, it is a welcome tool. ;)

Anyway, hope that answered some of your questions.

Happy Trails,
    :cool: