Has anyone gone from Rezound to Inc 4G?General

Last Updated:

1. Triska

Triska Well-Known Member

Has anyone had both phones? I just got my Rezound last week and am already thinking of exchanging it for the Incredible 4G, which is the phone I originally wanted, but I upgraded to keep my unlimited data. The Rezound feels so hefty compared to my beloved original Incredible. It really is a width and weight issue with me. I've tried really hard to love it but my constant problems with losing data connectivity in both 3G and 4G is making me want to jump ship. I know it's not a network issue because I had a Razr Maxx right next to me still on 4G and no issues.

I really don't care about the difference in specs such as processor, resolution, etc. I just want to know who was happy or unhappy about switching from the Rezound to the Inc 4G and why.

2. Ted1Jones

Ted1Jones Well-Known Member

I was using a Rezound and received and started using my Incredible 4G last Friday. The look almost identical except that, as we all know, the Incredible is smaller in all dimensions and lighter. Noticably lighter. The display is great, very clear and vibrant. Other than some changes due to ICS and HTC Sence 4.0, it's just like a Rezound.

The only issue I have so far is that hyperlinks in Exchange emails do not work. This is a critical problem but I assume its fixable since I've seen nothing else about it.
  3. TheMortallyWounded

TheMortallyWounded Well-Known Member

jroc likes this.
  4. kelela92

kelela92 Well-Known Member

I came from the Rezound. The Inc is still heavy, but definitely not as heavy as the Rezound. For me, the size is a TON better with the Inc, but I have small hands. With the Rezound, I couldn't reach across the screen to hit the furthest icon (and almost dropped it many times because of it).

If it's really just about width and weight, I'd get the Inc.
  5. Triska

Triska Well-Known Member

That's exactly my concern with the Rezound! It keeps sliding out of my hands.
  6. Triska

Triska Well-Known Member

So glad I made the switch! There are a few minor things that are going to take a bit of adjusting to, but the size is just perfect!
  7. kelela92

kelela92 Well-Known Member

I had my 4.3" screen for almost 5 months so having a 4" screen is taking getting used to. And Sense 4.0 and ICS has some things missing (or I can't find it yet), but overall, like you, I'm loving the size of the phone. I'll get used to the screen size soon enough. I just feel bad for the people I'm playing Draw with, lol. I love that I haven't almost dropped it while reaching across to the opposite side.
  8. JaggedEdge

JaggedEdge Member

I have had both. I am missing the big beautiful display on the rezound, but the Incredible 4g is faster and better on battery. I wish they took the same size sim card so I could go back and forth between the two.
  9. Brent372

Brent372 Well-Known Member

My wife had a Rez for 10 days (had to get something to keep unlimited data). We coughted up the restocking fee and exchanged for the DInc4G on launch day. She loves it!
  10. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

If any of you want to get rid of your rezound pm me :)
  11. Brent372

12. TheMortallyWounded

TheMortallyWounded Well-Known Member

Considering that you have to be rooted on Rezound to have that problem in the first place, I'm not too worried about it yet. But the day may come soon.
  13. Brent372

I thought you just have to be one the ICS leak. You have to be rooted to fix it.
  14. KnicksALLday

KnicksALLday Active Member

i am looking to get a incredible myself... i have the rezound but i never grew to like the size of the phone like i would hope... i got to used to my original incredible i guess..for those who bought the incredible did you buy out of contract and if so where was the best place to buy and at what price? i bought my rezound so unfortunately no upgrades available for me...i was thinking of buying one from ebay but how would i go about connecting it to verizon? do i need a new sim card because i read here this sim card is not the same as the rezound....
  15. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

Verizon should give you a new sim for free. Just go into any corp store.
  16. rcrott1

rcrott1 Well-Known Member

i had the rezound. i loved the rezound...that is until i received my 5TH REFURB. yes...........5th... f*cking phone. VZW sent me a gnex as a refurb as well.... contacted HTC themselves about the Rezound issues, they are sending me the INC4g free, and i CANNOT wait to get an actual NEW Phone. not a friggin refurb.

oh...and the Gnex that was sent to me....was broken as well and they are sending me ANOTHER one of those, which will be ported over to be my work phone.
  17. jamala00

jamala00 Well-Known Member

Verizon will give you a SIM, just go into t he store when you get your phone. I was debating and looking on Ebay. The thing I don't like is IF something happened to the phone the only choice you have is to send it into HTC. 2-3 weeks probably to get it fixed and sent back.

The more I think about it the more I have now leaned toward getting it subsidized and just giving up my unlimited data. I don't use even close to 2Gig\month. That way IF I don't like it or something goes wrong with it. I can take it right back to the store.
  18. AndyBones

AndyBones Well-Known Member

yep solid my rez about a month and half before the inc4 dropped
    i love it, it's everything i wanted the rez to be, slimmed, no overheating batt, great batt life.
    soon i will get teasing s-off for us
    we raided the $280 needed for the phone in 4 hours, if u want to donate i put all names in the OP and from the first to the last donator, is just as important as i am giving the extra money to the s-off team, since they don't accept pre-release donations.