Has anyone got any phone insurance?General

Last Updated:

1. blaze_dave

blaze_dave Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I didn't get any for my previous phone Sony Ercisson C905, but obviously the Xperia X10 is a bit more pricey and probably break easily!

So just wondering whether any of you guys have any? I am Orange and they are offering

Advertisement
  2. davethorp

davethorp Well-Known Member

I have mine added to my home contents insurance

3. kersey

kersey Well-Known Member

4. blaze_dave

Cheers guys and yeah kersey you're right, at least if I drop it I won't be crying that I'll have to buy the phone again!

5. afhstingray

afhstingray Active Member

X10i=international X10a=american

slightly different collection of bands. I would go for the orange insurance. its very convenient. in my experience owning smartphones, a lot can go wrong from dead pixels to it just not working properly. if you dont have orange care you'll have to return it for warranty and be without a phone for a while. With orange care if you call in the morning, you'll get your replacement at night.

6. blaze_dave

Oh right, is that what those letters after the x10 stand for! Thanks for clearing that up :D There was so much talk about the different versions: x10, x10i and x10a which confused the hell out of me!?

Just got the Orange Insurance and so have piece of mind. He was going through the terms & conditions, saying that basically leaving it in apublic space they don't insure it (weird). 18 months guarantee for the phone and 6 months guarantee for the battery.

7. blaze_dave

Well finally playing with the phone, but setting up all the stuff. Very time consuming because my SIM card decided to scamble all the letters, grr.

Not noticed anything bad...yet and everything is working good.

Syncing all the stuff now.

I tried to look for update but said it was up to date.

Keyboard on the phone is good, had no problems with anything. I have quite small fingers so registers well :D

A very good phone and glad I got it. It's just amazing and hope the news of no MT, Android 1.6 etc doesn't put people off.