• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has anyone got the official froyo yet?

I estimate there are 6 or 7 threads on this topic already. Will everyone please use the official thread? It's there for a reason. When people start getting it I'm sure you'll hear about it there.

The problem with the official thread is that it has for many many weeks been hijacked by rooting questions, so proper questions don't get answered.

Upvote 0
I estimate there are 6 or 7 threads on this topic already. Will everyone please use the official thread? It's there for a reason. When people start getting it I'm sure you'll hear about it there.

Get real. Most here are quite excited about an update and probably under the age of 25. We're all (without exception) complete geeks or we wouldn't be here in the first place...

FWIW i haven't had the update yet but i'll be checking again in five minutes then first thing when i wake up before i feed the baby. And I may start an 'unofficial' thread if i get VERY excited.

Upvote 0
FWIW i haven't had the update yet but i'll be checking again in five minutes then first thing when i wake up before i feed the baby. And I may start an 'unofficial' thread if i get VERY excited.[/QUOTE]

Apparently anybody who chooses an Android phone over an Iphone is a complete geek anyway so you're not alone, and I set the alarm for 4AM so I could do a quick check for updates then - doesn't beat checking before feeding the baby though....!

Upvote 0
Well, its 08:30 and still Nowt. If the servers are 9 hours ahead of us, as mentioned, the weekend is almost over.

Yeah, not looking good. Find it hard to imagine them releasing anything on Sunday. If I was releasing a massive update I would want lots of staff available, especially on support, so to release it on Sunday when I have no one working seems a little silly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones