Has anyone gotten Google Voice to work on AT&T?Support

1. geneticfusion

geneticfusion Member

Whenever I try to set my voicemail to Google Voice, it says that "Call Setting Error" and wont switch. Whenever someone calls my phone and it goes to voicemail, it goes to the google voice inbox, but wont send me a notification and wont let me check it on my phone. Anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement
    :
  2. laughter95

laughter95 Well-Known Member

yes, it worked for me.
  3. geneticfusion

geneticfusion Member

So you get a notification and dont have to go in and refresh?
  4. geneticfusion

geneticfusion Member

Also, when i change the Voicemail to Google Voice instead of My Carrier, I get an error.
  5. cm40

cm40 Active Member

are you on a prepaid plan?
  6. geneticfusion

geneticfusion Member

Nope, I'm on Postpaid and on AT&T.
  7. cm40

cm40 Active Member

what's the error say?
  8. geneticfusion

geneticfusion Member

"Call settings error.

Forwarding Number Change unsuccessful. Please contact your carrier if problem persists."
  9. Kyros

Kyros New Member

I have a postpaid AT&T account and can't get Google Voice to work either.

I get the same error as geneticfusion when I try to activate it on the phone.

If I go to google.com/voice, and Activate voicemail in the settings, it'll work (record, transcribe, etc.) but then on the phone it still dials the regular voicemail number and doesn't give notifications.
  10. cm40

cm40 Active Member

i haven't been able to find the problem but there are rumors that it may be AT&T blocking the application because of the whole FCC debacle between Google, Apple, and AT&T.
    Can't confirm, just a rumor.
  11. ShotSkydiver

ShotSkydiver Well-Known Member

I could never get it set up. I would get the same error you get and online wouldn't work either. So I forgot about it. However, I got a voicemail yesterday (my first) and Google Voice worked perfectly. It seems it was set up correctly even though it tells me it wasn't. I'm not going to argue with that.
  12. stevecu

stevecu New Member

I had it working on my HTC Aria, then upgraded my handset to an HTC inspire. Initially I got the "Forwarding number change unsuccessful ..." message, but when I tried aging many hours later it worked. Then I upgraded from Froyo to Gingerbread and now it won't work again.