Has anyone noticed the swiping has been less sensitive after 2.2 (especially browsing the web)

Last Updated:

1. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've noticed that after 2.2, swiping to move around a website has been less sensitive. I was using Dolphin HD when i noticed it so i decided to try the regular stock browser and noticed the same thing. Usually I would want to swipe down a bit to read a paragraph but it seems i have to hold onto it longer and be less flicky with it.

Advertisement
  2. whtge8

whtge8 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it sucks.

3. NicksGarage

NicksGarage Well-Known Member

This will happen on sites that have flash content since it is now loading more content than before and more to deal with once they are open. I've seen on non-flash sites that it is just as fast as before.

I'm probably one of the only ones who appreciates the slowdown. Sometimes I'd try to scroll down in a page and end up going way to far and having to scroll back up.

I think there is a way to set the browser to only open flash content on demand.

4. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

Also another thing I noticed is you have to tap buttons twice now. Like say in google images on Evo, I use to be able to tap next page once, but now you have to do it 2 times.

5. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I do have it set to ON DEMAND but the lag is still present :/ I wish I could go back to 2.1 browsing and bring back the option to load YouTube and flash video in a streaming video player app instead in browser...

6. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Probably a very good idea to clear just the browser cache from the browser's settings page, for all browsers. Maybe not a terrible idea to play with the cache size to see if that affects anything on this.

Also -

7. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

Yep, noticed the lag too. It's terrible if you ask me; its like the screen is constantly a half second behind my finger in scrolling.

8. archercc

archercc Well-Known Member

Do you have the flash plug-in set to "on demand?" Originally my browser seemed laggy and it was because little flash ads (like at the top of this forum) were running. Once I set it to on demand (where you click on the flash content to activate it) it sped right back up.

I can just flick my thumb across the screen and it will zoom all of the way to the end of the page.

9. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

I have dolphin hd set to "on demand" for plugins. Is there a separate setting for flash? If so how do I find this? Videos show an arrow tho so I'm guessing it's on demand by default?

10. NicksGarage

NicksGarage Well-Known Member

That's the setting that turns flash on and off in Dolphin. There isn't a separate one for just flash. The default is "on demand".