Has anyone on O2 in the uk managed to update via NPS ?Support

Last Updated:

1. jwk

jwk Active Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone on O2 in the uk managed to update via NPS ?

Sorry to make a new thread but i have seen the question a few times and no answer. If you are in the UK and on 02 could you please post whether NPS works for you and how much functionality you have with it. Post something similar to:

Version 1.3.0.IH4 . It can see my phone when i enable USB Debugging but states it is unsupported, It does allow me to use the 7GB partition of the internal SD but not the 1GB partition. I cannot update either the NPS itself, this states it is the latest version even if it is not (tested with version 1.2.1.IH2 when version 1.3.0.IH4 was available) or my phone (still on the original firmware supplied H6)

Many thanks

Advertisement
  2. z0mbi3

z0mbi3 Well-Known Member

Basically what you said above. Shipped with H6, but I flashed to H8 via Odin. I didn't expect to be able to browse the 1 gig application partition/space, however I expect you'd be able to if you rooted.

NPS will see the phone if I enable debugging, but if I try to update it says it isn't supported hence why I went to H8 with Odin.

I love this phone, but Samsung royally screwed up with the pc suite considering the handset was already out for months in the rest of Europe before it hit the UK.

3. john_o

john_o Member

confirming the same, I read on here that it may be possible , so downloaded suite version1.3.0.IH4.
    Installed OK but 'unsupported version' when trying to see if an update is available :mad:

gutted was looking forward to H8 (mine is H6 as a std O2 handset), as I dont want to flash using odin (yet)

John

4. H103efa

H103efa New Member

Yep
    Exactly the same for me
    Tried updating with latest NPS but says device not supported
    I have the H6 firmeware as sent by O2
    Did email samsung - no reply yet
    Dont want to update using Odin as i think that H8 firmware is kinda Germany specific and you lose certain apps from the Market

5. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

with that original version can you see ebuddy

6. qwerty100

qwerty100 Well-Known Member

Also No success....

* WinXP MCE (SP3),
    * NPS Ver 1.3.0 IH4 (From samsung.co.uk->support->DownloadCenter->Enter GT-I7500->Select Software - Did however update this after 1st installing the original cd + drivers)
    * On O2 UK

* FW Version 1.5
    * BasebandVersion = I7500XXIH6
    * Kernel Ver 2.6.27
    * Build Number 76XXCSDCBALUM6375

Can mount internal + external SD cards fine(after clicking mount in the notification bar)
    Have tried Debug mode (Settings->Applications->Development) On/off

NPS always sees the 2 drives, and two or three times the phone has been recognised, and appeared, however I cant do anything with it.

If I have time, may try to install the SDK and patch the inf file for the debug driver (seen instructions on a few threads)

???

Pretty annoying really.....

7. mwardm

mwardm New Member

Just in case it's relevant (I've just managed, eventually, to successfully update my German i7500 to H8 via NPS), a fella in the other thread mentioned turning off the "Mass storage only" option under Settings / About Phone / Additional Settings.
    NPS wasn't successfully recognising my phone, and it was either changing that setting [which makes a bit of sense] or the uninstall / reinstall of NPS [*and* they myriad additional "Samsung ... driver" applications that came with it] that sorted out my phone-to-W2K interface. [Until then, only the mass storage devices were showing up; no phone in drop down or on the app's "desktop".]

HTH

8. qwerty100

Have tried this, have also installed the missing driver by downloading the Android SDK, and following this info How to Debug on the Samsung Galaxy I7500 Android Phone

So there is now no missing driver, the adb commands work ok, but alas evil NPS still quotes "unsupported device" when I try to access the phone.

Could it be because I selected UK as my location whan I installed NPS??? -> would it be looking for specific country settings??

AARRGGhh!

9. qwerty100

OK, anyone got a download link for Odin??

10. qwerty100

11. msiviter

msiviter Active Member

I've had no luck, if it is possible can someone write a wiki.

12. ku.brijesh

ku.brijesh New Member

13. porga

porga Well-Known Member

14. fearnlem

fearnlem New Member

Is this still a problem ?

I managed to get my phone to upgrade via NPS in February to

BasebandVersion = I7500XXIK4
    Kernel Ver 2.6.27
    Build Number 76XXCSDCBALUM6375

I can now synch calendars and contacts in NPS. Debugging not selected. I can also drag and drop music/video files into mass storage after I have mounted the USB

15. porga

porga Well-Known Member

leave NPS alone, get Galaxo 1.6.3.3 (with baseband JB6)