• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Has anyone put a custom ROM or bypassed hotspot limits yet?

Grayrage

Sep 1, 2013
Heyas guys,

Was wondering if anyone has had success in rooting and putting a custom ROM on this guy yet? Has anyone had any success in bypassing the limits on the mobile hotspot? Or perhaps tethering?

I was going to root this and use it for internet access on my notebook and hopefully could get some good wisdom from you guys before moving forward. Thanks!

just to let people with this phone know.. don't try to reboot into recovery through any software like advanced power menu, rom toolbox etc. it soft-bricks the device and sends it through a boot-animation loop. only way to fix this is by rebooting into stock android recovery, to do so;
1.Remove Battery To Completely Power-Off Device.
2.While device is off, Hold Both The Power, And Volume Down Buttons, And As The Phone Begins To Boot (@ Metro PCS Logo) Let Go Of The Power Button, But Still Hold Volume Down Button. It Will Boot Into The Stock Android Recovery..
3.Use The Volume Keys To Navigate To The "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" Option And Select It With The Power Button. And Voila! The Phone Boots Once Again!

Just thought i'd share this with anyone who needed it. Peace.
:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones