1. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

If so can u post the con's & pro's

Advertisement
  2. Cave

Cave Member

[​IMG]

Its Amazingly smooth and fast and 3d camera suppirts flash ;D
  3. Running Gingerbread 2.3.5 now. Just played Angry Birds in 3D! You will need to make sure you update to SuperOneClick 2.2 if you want to root your device.

I would post proof or a link but this forum doesn't allow new users to do this. :confused:
  4. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

This is from LG's updates and not a custom ROM right?
  5. krustkore

krustkore New Member

How did you get this? i'm with rogers in canada, and still haven't received it
  6. sjamehot1948

sjamehot1948 New Member

update is out now
  7. krustkore

krustkore New Member

where?
  8. sjamehot1948

sjamehot1948 New Member

fro official lg down load site.
  9. HabsRule93

HabsRule93 Member

I just got my Optimus 3D from Rogers last week, and it is still loaded with 2.2.2, and the LG Phone Software Update doesn't seem to include an OS update to 2.3.
  10. Ecniv

Ecniv Member

Hi,

Got mine from lg website under phone updates... search for p920... download the exe...

Ran it and it updated as expected.

Good luck
  11. Teslank

Teslank Member

this sounds like bullshit.... a LGP925G/LG optimus 3D is for the rogers carrier in QUEBEC...

and there is no updates available on the LG CANADIAN web site... (anyway the p925g doesnt exists in the usa one)....

i want definite proof or direct links to that phantom update :( !!!
  12. nh1256

nh1256 New Member

Your telling me im in Nova Scotia and no GB so i decided to contact lg and was told GB wasnt coming to canada we have to wait till ICS lame eh?
  13. Teslank

Teslank Member

yep , i had iphone before, wasnt an issue to get the firmware upgrades but iphone/apple is not enough evolving in contrast to android... but android dont have a specific brand for the hardware.... so it is quite long before every manufacturer makes its own firmware upgrade...... it works perfect with froyo so why spend money on a upgrade that gonna costs $$$

thats how it is today
  14. Teslank

Teslank Member

dont mistake here, we are not ripped off there, we choosed a cellular because we liked it.... getting free upgrades after a one time purchase is something we could call kindness from LG
  15. d13urg2011

d13urg2011 New Member

Im In the uk and finaly got my update yesterday (28-01-2012)

Battery life is loads Better And Performance is better but only had the update 1 day so will have a week and post if i find anything diffrent
  16. xstokerx

xstokerx New Member

the canadain gb for rogers is out a couple days ago
  17. HabsRule93

HabsRule93 Member

Finally got the download and update to work (as far as I know the Rogers update is only available through 'LG Mobile Update' or 'LG PC Suite', not directly from the LG Canada or Rogers sites. Hopefully all the promised performance improvements bear out. Converting Angry Birds to 3d was cool.
  18. chychee

chychee New Member

Yeah, I've just got the upgrade too. I'm in Toronto using Rogers' network, and like what HabsRule93 said, I was able to download it from LG's US website. Link for anyone with the LG925G:

LG Product Support for LGP925G

It looks good. A lot faster than Froyo for sure. My only problem is trying to get the video call feature to work. After all, that's why I went through the trouble to get the upgrade in the first place. :(
    optimus3df likes this.
  19. SithLord2K

SithLord2K Member

Removed my post here and reposted it under the Root post from main forum.
  20. optimus3df

optimus3df New Member

I got the upgrade through the LG PC Suite and have had nothing but problems since. network and other wireless issues, at one point i had 32 apps running in background and app killer did nothing.. the apps just keep opening on their own killing a full charge in 2hrs or less, and apps i have never even used. if there is a way, i would like to go back to 2.2.2 as there was no issues with apps running in background.
  21. optimus3df

optimus3df New Member

do you get alot of apps running in the app manager that won't close or close then all open again?
  22. Ecniv

Ecniv Member

I've had that since the beginning and haven't found a way around it.

Seems to be the phone thinking that just maybe you'd use that so it had better run it...?

I can kill them through the normal task killer though they do come back.

:)

angry birds in 3d is very good :D
  23. androidrox123

androidrox123 Member

I have tried downloading it from lg pc suit and it said that my phone wasnt connected when it was. is there another way to update my phone.
  24. androidrox123

androidrox123 Member

I already know that you can do this

1. goto phone

2. dial *#*#232546#*#* also known as *#*#checkin#*#*

but after I do that it says checkin succeeded. what does checkin succeeded mean.
  25. HabsRule93

HabsRule93 Member

#optimus3d : Pretty sure that somewhere in the warnings at the start of the update there was a screen that cautioned that you can't roll back the OS to 2.2.