Has anyone received the update yet?

Last Updated:

1. sghere

sghere Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After a few posts about the Droid 2 getting an OTA update from Verizon to fix the syncing problem, I've not heard anyone talking about getting it yet.

It changes your version from VZW to FRG22D. Motorola said it's in Verizons hands now, and the CSR at the VZW store said it's being pushed out. But to where? ;)

If you have received it on the D2, did it fix the corporate sync issue?

Thanks
    S

Advertisement
  2. Dragoro

Dragoro Well-Known Member

I havent got it yet, and when I go to settings phone, check for update I get can not check, try again later message.

3. redpanda

redpanda Well-Known Member

I saw that too. I assume that "cannot check" means they're in the process of loading the update onto their servers.

In the Root discussion, someone has a leaked official ROM that is listed as version 3.15. That's the same version as the Droid X Froyo update coming out tomorrow, so it seems likely we'll be running the same software as our 4.3-inch brethren.

4. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

So what are people currently running? (For comparison purposes.)

5. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

I've installed the 2.3.15 leak...it does not change the version from VZW to FRG22D.

Seems to run fine...I haven't seen anything significant in it. I added my FB account and did not see any option to limit sync to existing contacts, as the Market FB app offers on the D1. The Market FB app on this release also still lacks any option to limit sync to existing contacts.

Outlaw.99 likes this.
  6. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member

I'm on un-rooted 2.2.20.A955.Verizon.en.US

...and my phone tells me I'm "up to date".

The ability to sync only existing FB contacts would be perfect since I haven't bitten the bullet and added my FB account just yet because I finally took the time to properly SYNC my existing VZW Phonebook with my GOOGLE Contacts.

7. BabyRN

BabyRN Well-Known Member

Can we force this update without rooting???

8. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

9. BabyRN

BabyRN Well-Known Member

10. sghere

They actually had me on a "follow-up" call list about my initial question for the exchange e-mail sync'ing.

I asked about the OTA update that "supposed" to be coming to the Droid2 that Motorola released to them a few weeks ago, yet there's still no ETA as to when it's being sent out. :eek:

In the mean time I'm using "Improved E-mail" by mtwebster (free and a HUGE Thank You!!). I believe it's the old e-mail client that the Droid 1 uses to access Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 and 2007 and validates the SSL certificates without a problem. For those running MS Exchange Server 2010, you don't have the problem.

Anyway...back to the topic....

The CSR was very very nice and seemed knowledgeable about them having it, but said to her knowlege it wasn't being pushed yet. They're focusing on the Droid X. WTF? Oh well...we still have a superior phone (IMO). ;)

S

11. BabyRN

BabyRN Well-Known Member

I am kinda afraid of an OTA update. The last one I got (2.2 Froyo) on my D1 caused a lot of problems and started me in a awful cycle of D1 refurbs. It finally landed me a brand new D2 so I can't complain too much, but I love this phone and would hate for an update to ruin it. After reading the X forums, the D1's were not the only ones affected by the OTA updates :/

12. sghere

I hear ya...but I was rooted before the OTA even came out and was running Pete's BB and just upgraded from there. Never had a "software problem" was always hardware issues...now on my 6th phone (a Droid 2 they sent) I'm going to see how the OTA goes. I NEEEEED my e-mail to sync pretty quick because of my job...the 5-15-60-120 minute delays kill me. :)

Good luck!
    S

13. BabyRN

BabyRN Well-Known Member

Which emails account are you using? Is it a corporate? I have both gmail and yahoo on my account and I receive emails within 30 seconds. That would be awful to have that big of a delay in emails!!!!

I am not saying I won't update....just very leery :D

14. sghere

15. BabyRN

BabyRN Well-Known Member