• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has anyone scratched their gorilla glass?

edge

Android Enthusiast
Feb 9, 2010
So I ordered a xoskins scratch protector for my droid. It should be here today or tomorrow so my droid is naked right now. Has anyone been able to scratch their gorilla glass? Someone was saying sand can scratch it, but I can't find who said that...

Sand will scratch pretty much anything. Until they figure out how to cover our phones with a transparent layer of diamond, something will be able to scratch them. I've not scratched my screen yet, but I don't keep it in my pocket that much either. It's usually on my hip in it's holster. I do occasionally put it in one of my cargo pockets, depends on where I'm going to be.

Upvote 0
Mine has been naked since the day it was born(morning of release). I do not have any scratches. I live inland, so I do not encounter to much sand. My Droid always gets its own pocket, no keys or pens etc.

I tried the screen protector that my wife wanted and used for a while, I did not like the feel as much as the bare glass, only advantage I saw was that the plastic was less smeary.

Upvote 0
i've scratched 2 screen. my freakin keys won't scratch it, but i'm pretty sure pocket lint will. it must be wool or something. i know sand will. SNOW will (call ripley's) , "gritty" stuff seems to do the job.

Agreed, I have a half of dozen small scratches and I don't live in a sandy area. Also wife now has 1000 micro scratches (Very very fine) all in the top 1/8 of the phone turns out after much hunting to be caused by her ear rings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones