Has anyone seen an actual announcement like the A855 had?General

Last Updated:

1. TheMortallyWounded

TheMortallyWounded Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The way I see it, those PDFs and the screenshot mean nothing... I see what those 4chan guys are capable of, and there's nothing that suggests to me that the "evidence" is nothing more than a hoax, or simply misinformation.

Just wanted to throw that out there and see what sticks. Prove me wrong, flame on, or give me some more input.

Advertisement
  2. bjf88

bjf88 Well-Known Member

From what I've heard, Verizon is telling anyone who calls that the update is starting today. If CSR's have that info, it IS being released. Call them yourself if you're still in doubt. And there's the new update page that just went live...

Don't know how much more info you'd need... other than someone coming on here saying "I GOT IT IT GOT IT!!!!11!!elebenty!!!1", but even with a photo, would you be able to tell it was the OTA and not a leak?

Seriously... why all the suspicion? It will come when it comes.

3. tonyb81

tonyb81 Well-Known Member

If you act this way to a freaking firmware update on a cell phone, I really feel sorry for you. I won't bother to explain why this isn't a hoax to you. If you don't believe .pdf files from verizons own site, anything I say or anyone else says here shouldn't sway you.

However if you believe what anyone here says on a forum, and not on verizon's own website, everything you posted above itself is a hoax and you are just doing this to get a rise out of people.

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Well, I would not go quite that far. I do agree that anything and everything we see wrt to this issue should be taken with a grain or three of salt.

5. omfgwtflawl

omfgwtflawl Well-Known Member

It starts today, will be a two week process, and will be random as to who gets it.

6. korben dallas

korben dallas Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt 2 weeks, the Droid only took a week and they have a bigger community.

7. deathratlehead

deathratlehead Well-Known Member

On a side note...awesome choice of user name. Leeloo Dallas Multi-Pass!!

8. butthead007

butthead007 Well-Known Member

And what exactly is there to gain by creating a hoax about a software upgrade?

Time for the foil hats....

9. neogenesis

neogenesis Active Member

I called my local store today and the guy there said the OTA was starting today. He also had a memo that listed a 3 day schedule for the rollout. Take it for what it's worth.

NEO

10. TheMortallyWounded

TheMortallyWounded Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I completely understand that yes, it is coming out. Soon. Yes, I know. My only point is this: this forum went down this morning, presumably from being overloaded with people who want to know more. Everybody was pointing at the preliminary pdf files for Verizon since Saturday (or before.) Now everyone is pointing at the mobilecrunch screenshot. EVERYONE. androidspin.com, boygeniusreports, etc. Everyone is calling Verizon and asking "is it true?" It is amazing how many people will follow one lead, one unsourced picture of a computer screen. Yet with all of the damned idiotic social network sites, not one official page (thus far) has send out a "tweet" or a "status update." I have not recieved any notifications from Verizon, HTC, or anyone else with an official capacity, saying that yes, it is starting today.

And the Verizon sales reps are all different. I talked with a friend of mine who works as a sales manager at a Verizon store. He closed shop last night, having all the same info we have. Nothing more, nothing less. He heard about the mobilecrunch pic, but hadn't seen it until this morning, after asnwering about 50 emails from friends who want to know "when, when, when?"

And all he can say is "soon." He won't say TODAY, or END OF MAY, or JUNE. But he did say this: "I sure hope it does start, because otherwise some sick, lonely, pathetic soul is getting his kicks off of it and we're going to have to answer for it... again."

I hope ot is coming out today. I hope all the hype is well worth it. And I hope everyone is satisfied with the final result. But a little tiny piece of me deep down inside is saying "that would be funny if nothing happened for six more weeks."

I'll see it when it gets here. Probably won't see much more of this site though. It's more frustrating to watch all the kiddies quibble over bits than waiting for the bites. Or bytes, whichever you prefer.

By the way, if you want to see a feeding frenzy of lost souls, check out the "HTC Droid Eris" page on Facebook.

11. 566

566 Member

stopped by a verizon store on friday, when i asked, the woman went into the back, came out and told me "sooner than you think."

i thought it was a great answer.:D

12. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member

I called this morning and asked, and the guy went online and did a search:confused::confused:

Said "Yeah, it looks like it starts today"
    The whole time I was thinking to myself that he was on this site.

13. JPW528

JPW528 Member

Don't forget May 11th is till midnight or almost 23:59:59

14. deathratlehead

deathratlehead Well-Known Member

That's a great post, but I've called Verizon 3 times now, NEVER once mentioning today as the date...and ALL of them have said today is the day. The last rep talked to the tech service dept. and they told her it is starting today as well. That's proof enough that it's supposed to happen today...whether it will or not remains to be seen, but it is a FACT that this isn't speculation.

15. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

Chicken! Good!