Has anyone seen this EVO vs Droid X

1. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. Deathshead

Deathshead Well-Known Member

The reviewer is a biased ass, and seems to try and pick out faults with the DX. he likes the EVO better because it has touch buttons? Who cares? I like REAL buttons.. this does not make it any better or worse.

He says the DX takes poor photos? check out the NICE pictures here taken with the DX, more and more are coming out too.. I can safely say that the EVO has its camera lens in a poor location on the back of the device..

Testing the Droid X Camera [PICS & VIDS]
  3. jdk2

jdk2 Well-Known Member

He also seems to be in a very strong Sprint service area and not so strong VZW area. That may play into his bias.
  4. Flying_Hellfish

Flying_Hellfish Well-Known Member

You can't compare photos on the screen. :)
  5. darreno1

darreno1 Well-Known Member

It's already pretty well established the droid x takes better video and about the same or slightly better pics than the evo. If you look at the evo vids, they tend to be somewhat chopy. Your post really doesn't prove much in light of the other reviews that say otherwise.
  6. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

TI chips are famous for reducing size via nm fab reductions, since saves money. The size is reduced, but putting out even more clock and operations, it would make sense that it could run hot. People are assuming just because it uses 45nm it will run cooler. Not true, especially when considering how thin they made it. Where is the heat going? It is using the chasis for dissipation, hence it will get very warm. It is by design :)

My N900 and Droid would get pretty warm when OC'd, so my guess is the net result of the 3630 is similar temps, but better results :)

BTW, the 3630 is FAR better for video output to external displays than the Snapdragon. HTC and Sprint were BSing people about what the EVO could do. Almost to the point of false advertising. As I have posted before, snapdragon sucks for high bit rate output beyond standard def. Perhaps the Snapdragon 2 will fix this, since 45nm (like the 3630).

added:

Actually, all chip companies strive for smaller, since more chip yields per wafer equals mo' money :)
  7. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

LOL That was some great comparison reviewing. :)

Mention anything about HD recording? Nope. Mention anything about call quality? Nope Etc. Etc.

We'll leave the comparison reviews to the tech guys, not some business worker who clearly is biased. I wonder what phone he uses...
  8. Deathshead

Deathshead Well-Known Member

Another review of the EVO says,..

"One annoying thing about the EVO, especially apparent while taking pictures, was pressing the touch-sensitive buttons when I didn’t mean to. This happens all the time and pulls up a Google Search box, goes home, or back – really annoying. I wish there was a way to have those buttons require a long press while in the camera mode."

I must say the EVO does take some impressive pictures.