1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

has anyone successfully dwnloaded and played a rom without pc?

Last Updated:

1. Bugzy3188

Bugzy3188 Member This Topic's Starter

I bought and installed psx4droid 2day on my epic. I've been trying 2 get roms 2 run for hours now my pc is in the shop so I'm doing it all on my phone. I got the roms (which are for games I already own ;)) I used androzip which extracted the files to a 7zip file which in turn extracted to a cue and 14 mb bin....has anyone gotten psx roms to work just using their phone?

Advertisement
  2. MJM128

MJM128 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I got vigilante 8 to work with just using my phone. (well I cheated and searched using my computer and then sent the links to download to my phone using foxtophone)

3. Bugzy3188

Well wth? I got disc 1 of ff7 downloaded and extracted but when I start it up it just goes black....when I touch the screen I get it 2 vibrate like it does when hitting a button and I can get the emulator settngs to come up but thas it....any ideas anyone?

4. MJM128

MJM128 Well-Known Member

What phone are you trying to run it on? Do you have the PSX bios file? The rom i'm running is a .bin not sure if that helps. Maybe it just isn't working with your device?

5. Bugzy3188

I have a bin file as well and I'm running it on an epic so support shouldn't be an issue....I do hve the bios file in place as well...

6. jim2point0

jim2point0 Well-Known Member

Dunno. FF7 runs fine on my Epic (but just because it's an Epic doesn't mean things will run fast... all games work the same on 1 Ghz phones as the emulator doesn't use the GPU).

Could be a bad rom. Only reliable way to make roms work is to rip them yourself.