Has anyone sucessfully forwarded an email?

Last Updated:

1. Trel

Trel Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Using the Email App, has anyone sucessfully forwarded an email and had the actual email appear, each time I try, it's blank (except for any additional text I add).

The subject is in tact, but the message is always lost.

Advertisement
  2. BonJoviGirl

BonJoviGirl Well-Known Member

I have my verizon yahoo mail forward to my gmail account and then I can open attachments and forward mail with the attachment in tack. I leave a copy on my verizon yahoo account because that is my mail email. Hope this helps.

3. Trel

I don't think you're using the same scenario
    1. I'm talking about forwarding the actual message, not attachments.
    2. I'm using the email app, not gmail app.

4. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

Yep, works for me. Forwarded a message from my dotmac account to my gmail account.

5. BonJoviGirl

If you go to your gmail account and have your messages from your other account go to your gmail then you can forward everything fine just hit forward at the bottom of the screen. Actually just forwarding the message from other email works but attachments don't seem to work. So I just bypass that until there's an update and use gmail on my phone so I can open attachments and forward them without a problem.

6. Trel

I said I am NOT using gmail.
    This is an IMAP account on the EMAIL app, NOT gmail.

My problem is when using the email app, that anything in "quoted text" does not get forwarded.

7. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

She still likes Bon Jovi, cut her some slack.

8. Trel

lol.

Either way, I have an update.
    I can in fact forward. The thing in common with all the emails that show up blank is they were all sent to me using Verizon's Webmail interface. (from home internet stuff).

9. BonJoviGirl

I realize you're not using the gmail app. But I found that I can't get around forwarding or opening attachments in my other email app so I went to my gmail account and had all my other emails forwarded to my gmail (a setting in gmail) so that I can open and forward attachments on my droid. I have no problem forward a message in my email app that doesn't contain an attachment. I just hit menu and then forward and whole message will forward (unless it has an attachment that will not forward). That is why I just bypass my regular email on my droid and have it forwarded to my gmail account so that I can do stuff on my phone. I'm sure you have gmail if you are using the droid so that you can get to the market place. I know it's a pain to use 2 emails but it works for me right now I have lots of emails with attachments that I either have to read or forward and the only way I found to do this is with gmail. I use my other account on my pc. Sorry if this does not help you, I'm just trying to give you an option. I'm hoping with the December 11 update will be fixed.

And yes I love Bon Jovi 180 days and I get backstage and backstage dinner and row 4 at the Meadowlands. BonJovi 4 Ever.

10. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

K-9 Mail (free in Market) is better than using the native "Email" app for POP3/IMAP accounts. The way I understand, if you "Press-and-hold" the message, from the "Inbox" view, a menu will appear with a "Forward" option

11. Trel

But that only works if I'm willing to use gmail for email. I abhor it's conversation threading, so I will never use it.

I will check out that app then.

12. YMark

YMark Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem as the OP. Gmail forwards nothing except text I add, it does NOT forward the original email text.

K9 is marginally better, it forwards the email in html.

13. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member

I am able to forward emails fine, but I use the gmail app, not the email app.

14. jalann

jalann Well-Known Member

My Yahoo email forward easily to Gmail. But you have to tap it to open the body

15. aminaked

aminaked Well-Known Member

I don't want to argue with you, but there are so many bugs in the stock Email app, that K9 is "worlds" better, in my opinion.

16. tlandroid

tlandroid Member

Just to confirm...

Yes... Forwarding email doesn't work in the standard android email app.

If I attempt to forward email with my POP3 account on my android phone, the forwarded text is simply not there. The quoted text appears before I press send, but does not arrive in the recipient's email. The only text in the forwarded email is any text I add when I attempt to forward the email.

I have this problem on my Samsung Epic but based on this thread and others, the problem is not with a specific phone.

There are "work arounds" for this. The primary work around is to not use the default android email app but instead to use K-9. Another option is to forward all email to a GMAIL account and only use GMAIL on the android.

It does seem odd that there would be any application with "EMAIL" in its name that could not forward email, but this is indeed the case.

17. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member

I guess it's whatever you're used to. I also find the Gmail web presentation to be overly confusing. The only thing I still use Yahoo for is email (Classic view), and the Yahoo Mail app for Android (latest version) works very well on my D1. I deactivated all my accounts on the native email app. :)

18. YMark

YMark Well-Known Member

No argument.... I use K9 myself, but I sure wouldn't say it is "worlds" better. It is a marginal application at best with many shortcomings. Have you ever looked at the defect list on the developers web site?

For the life of me, I can't figure out why Android can't have an email application that is even close to what BB offers.

19. srq2625

srq2625 Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I found the stock Android e-mail app to have problems with forwarding messages. Moved to K-9 and it does the job .... not perfect and there are lots of things I would like to see improved, but it does the job and it's free (I would not pay for K-9 without a significant number of fixes).

20. tlandroid

tlandroid Member

21. tlandroid

tlandroid Member

22. Coolparrot

Coolparrot New Member

I have tried several different ways with no success. So here is the solution I came up with that works until they come up with a fix for this bug!
    If you want to include the "quoted text" you are FWDing, simply use the reply button and update to TO: address to the appropriate address. I know this is kind of a hassle but it works. Hope they come up with a fix for this soon. Maybe in 2.2 Froyo? :cool: