Has anyone tethered an iPad with the Desire ?

Last Updated:

1. melldroid

melldroid Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone done this with a standard HTC Desire. I've read this can only be done with a rooted unit which I don't want to do. I have a standard T mobile unit which I would prefer not fiddling with as I'm not tech savvy. Can it be done ?

Advertisement
  2. Bunjiweb

Bunjiweb Well-Known Member

This can only be done with an Android 2.2 that will provide a wifi hotspot or if were in the US the HTC Evo is capable of doing it... Other than that i don't think there is any other way.

Ben

3. FelixofMars

FelixofMars Well-Known Member

There is an easy tether lite that doesn't require root apparently. Also I noticed some sort of tethering option when I plug in my Desire to the PC but I never used it. I assume it doesn't work though. Maybe its some sort of pre 2.2 option as in its there but unusable.

4. desirous

desirous New Member

Wow
    This is great. I've been looking for months for a solution. wanted to tether my iPad to my phone for use away from my home broadband connection, without buying another sim card and plan.
    It was the best solution for me because my phone plan provides way more Mb data than I can use on my phone in a month.
    New Wifi Hotspot application does it great.

5. Two Legz

Two Legz Active Member

I've connected my iPod Touch up to the interweb using the wifi hotspot functionality a few times now and it works great. As Bunjiweb said, you do need Android 2.2 (Froyo) to do it but assuming you're running that version (and your operator hasn't disabled it...) then it's easy to set up.