Has anyone tried both the Steinheil Crystal Clear and the Verizon screen protector???Accessories

Last Updated:

1. serpentine009

serpentine009 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It seems to me after having used the verizon protector since buying the phone new, that the protector itself seems to promote smudge, fingerprints and face goop more than the actual naked glass itself. This is just a theory, but I tried the phone for a while without the protector tonight because I took it off to install the Steinheil AF.

Then I read some posts saying that the crystal clear reduced fingerprinting slightly over the naked glass.

The reason I am asking if anyone has tried both, is because I am trying to confirm my hypothesis. If the current Verizon screen protector actually promotes fingerprints and smudging over the naked glass, and the Steinheil Crystal Clear reduces fingerprints (even if only marginally) over the naked glass, then I might be happier with the Crystal Clear over the Anti-Fingerprint.

I installed it tonight and there is some clarity loss as mentioned in other threads, so I am trying to decide if I should go with the crystal clear instead.

Hope that made sense.

So can anyone comment on both?

Advertisement
  2. closhedbb

closhedbb Well-Known Member

I have the VZW screen protector on mine right now, and have the Steinheil Crystals in the mail, should arrive this weekend. I'll let you know what I find.

For now, I have noticed the VZW screen protectors collect a lot of grease, can't wait to get it off my DI...

3. serpentine009

serpentine009 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, they are terrible. I really like the AF I have now, but I think if the Crystal Clear is noticeably better than the VZW protector regarding grease, then I may opt for clarity with minor grease over no grease and loss of clarity. Thanks for offering to post your findings.

4. Mike_B

Mike_B Well-Known Member

Had the VZW from day one, just put on a Steinheil CC last night. Great improvement in grease, same clarity, slightly different texture. For me, a good compromise between the VZW and an AF protector.