• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has anyone tried getting a new phone?

I just got off the phone with tmo. My new HTC Slide is in the mail and will be here Monday or Tuesday. I called customer retention, told them they had three options:
1. Refund my money
2. Give me upgrade to a phone that has 2.x and will be updating to 2.2
3. Lose me as a customer, and I WILL NOT BE PAYING THE ETF

Well the customer service agent said she would speak with her supervisor and call me back. She did call back, but irony of ironies, my BH2 didn't register the call and she had to leave a message. The "deal" that was offered was for me to find a android phone that I like and tmo would send it out at no cost to me. I didn't have to renew my contract or pay any money out of pocket.

My advice is to call customer retention, and be forceful and firm in your demands, but remember to be very very courteous and don't take no for an answer. The CSA at tmo said my call was not the first she had taken in regards to the BH2 and that they were doing whatever it takes to keep customers. So I guess they are losing customers over this debacle and are starting to do damage control.

Upvote 0
What exactly did you call and complain with them about if you dont mind sharing? I have tried multiple times and have yet to get a decent offer.

for me it took an email to executive customer care, I used the "prepare sd card" notification as my base, swapped the phone out three times and still didnt fix, went through tmobiles trouble shooting, and their final advice was "did I want to but a different phone".
all I want is a phone that i paid full price for(em+) that works, if you cant fix i,t a phone of similar specs as a replacement is only fair. If you purchased a broken tv from best buy and called them up, if they couldn't fix it they wouldn't say do you want to buy a different one! as a 10+ customer im very disappointed.
I got a call back and they gave me a free slide with the return of my behold. It was an even trade, I did pay $400+ for the behold, gave it back to them for a slide and I still have no contract

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones