Has anyone tried reloading 2.1 again? (before I waste my time)

Last Updated:

1. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am thinking about doing a hard reset, and then reloading 2.1 to see if reloading it will fix the tremendous lag and sub-par battery life (when compared to 1.5).

Has anyone tried this yet? before I go erasing all of my apps yet again, I would like some opinions. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. sampo

sampo Active Member

I did because Windows told me the program had not installed properly, which as a result I was having tremendous issues with lag and overall performance. Round two significantly improved performance ten-fold, albeit not landscape keyboard issues, but overall yeah it helped.

Battery life is a whole other beast, my phone has been unplugged for about 45min and I'm already down 10%, freakin annoying!!! Can't for the life of me figure out what the hell is causing such poor battery performance...

Didn't do a hard reset though and saw significant increases in performance, try reloading it without hard reset first, yeah u lose a bunch of stuff, but my apps for some reason stayed stored under downloads in the Market...

3. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

suggestion, not sure if this is avaiable to you guys with the official release 2.1

can you get into recovery mode?
    does it have option to wipe the battery data?

Charge to full!
    wipe battery data
    use till the phone dies
    charge all the way to full again.

give it a shot, see if this will give your battery some improvement.

4. bucketheadmn

bucketheadmn Well-Known Member

Not sure if it will be the same for you or not, but the first 15% of battery life drains really fast for me. However, after the first 15% the battery does last quite a bit longer on 2.1 then 1.5 did.

5. K4KAI

K4KAI Well-Known Member

The day after I loaded the LEAKED version of Sprint's 2.1 update, I discovered that Sprint had their "official" version on their website. I downloaded their official version and installed it on my HERO.

I found that it did improve performance and increased the available programs on MARKET. For instance, I have both a paid version of SUDOKU and one of HEARTS. On the LEAKED version, only the SUDOKU program was available; now both are available.

I can't document improved performance, but it does seem to run smoother now. Perhaps, this is just me own perception, but...never-the-less, I am glad that I did the upgrade to the OFFICIAL release.

6. pilotmills

pilotmills Member

Where would we get into recovery mode if it is in the official release?

7. Wiskid

Wiskid Well-Known Member

It has been tried, to no avail. Same lag, same battery crap, same random reboots...

8. scottmbolt

ehh... thanks for the input guys :(

9. hfa68

hfa68 Member

Before you re-install 2.1, do a hardreset. That's what I did, and it helped me(I think). Or it could be that I keep going to "Running Services" and closing stuff that I'm not using. :)

10. dmystic1

dmystic1 Well-Known Member

Maybe its one of the Apps you have causing problems because though I have the lag, I have no battery or reboot issues.

11. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

How do you reload 2.1 without doing a hard reset?

12. thefley

thefley Well-Known Member

I did load it a second time, had issues the first time, the sencond time fixed all the issues. just sucked having to redo all my pages and apps

13. Hero_User 2010

Hero_User 2010 Member

Yes, I did the same thing with my Hero and it helped mine completely! I haven't had ANY problems since doing this... I really truely believe the hard-reset is what saved my phone from being a POS like it was the first time I updated to the Official ROM.

14. egomaster

egomaster Active Member

I had the leaked version installed and had lag, battery issue's, no vibration for gmail or handcent. I installed the official release and all has gone away except the battery issue's. Phone remains awake too much.

15. JarffVC

JarffVC Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with it staying awake in my pocket. I solved that by turning on the unlock pattern.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

16. MrERainey

MrERainey Member

I re-installed 2.1....
    currently haven't run into any of the problems I had to deal with before, still working on linking facebook to my contacts though :cool:

17. scottmbolt

landscape mode text lag?

18. sirdarksoul

sirdarksoul New Member

Here's what I did. It solved my lag issues. ;) I'm still having problems with Bluetooth being unreliable tho. :mad:

a) Backup all apps, contacts, sms, mms, pics, etc to your SD card using a good backup manager. I recommend MyBackup Pro from the market.
    b) Remove your SD card just in case.
    c)Factory reset the phone using the following steps...

Resetting the phone deletes all data, including downloaded applications, and resets the phone back to its initial state. Press HOME > MENU, then tap Settings > Security > Factory data reset. On the Factory data reset screen, tap Reset phone and then tap Erase everything. To reset the phone using phone buttons, with the phone turned off, press and hold the HOME, END CALL/POWER, and BACK buttons. The reset process will start after a few seconds

d) After the reset connect your phone to your PC and install 2.1.
    e) Insert your SD card
    f) Re-download your Backup Manager and restore all data
    g) Download an app manager so you can kill any apps you don't need running to conserve the battery

19. MrERainey

MrERainey Member

Just tried that out, is a split second faster then what it was before.

20. Rcecarbldr

Rcecarbldr Well-Known Member

I did the hard reset yesterday and reloaded 2.1 that I got from HTC's site and it's still a slow pig. I'm so frustrated with this phone I can't even put it into words.

21. revtime

revtime Well-Known Member

Reloading the official version from the last leak helped mine tremendously. All the issues I was having were fixed. My BT still sucks but it did on 1.5 as well so.......
    I left my SD card in when loading the official and had it out when I did the leak version if that helps.
    I am really enjoying the 2.1 update. Sorry for you guys who are having issues.

22. dominicanyor

dominicanyor Well-Known Member

If your phone has been unplugged for 45 min you should have more battery life then that. Are you textin, reading your email or just in the internet alot??

23. dominicanyor

dominicanyor Well-Known Member

ok my question is, the leak that came out first is it the same as the official one???

24. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Yes

25. revtime

revtime Well-Known Member

there were 3 different leaks if I am not mistaken. The last one was supposed to be the same as the official but I had issues with the last leak and downloading the official helped alot. Not sure why if the last leak and the official were the same thing.