• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has anyone tried the Crackle app on their Optimus?

nightspd

Mar 21, 2011
Wow I must say it's a pretty neat Netflix/Hulu type app and the video quality isn't too shabby. It took a couple tries before it would connect, but once it did...not too bad and proves the Optimus could handle Netflix and Hulu.

And yes I would like to be able to watch the occasional video on this small screen.

It's not on the Virgin version of Marketplace.

However, I used QR Droid and got the URL back at Crackle. I then was sent to what must be a generic Marketplace and had to log in with my Google account. At that point I got a download splash screen but when I selected my device (the LG model number for an Optimus V) it said the app was not compatible.

Too bad because this and Rhapsody would make my phone really valuable on long plane flights. Rhapsody I can download music with. I'm hoping Crackle would let me download movies so I can have media while in Airplane Mode.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones