Has anyone tried this case? Any Thoughts?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. budd1983

budd1983 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Btros

Btros Well-Known Member

It looks pretty nice. But I'm not sure what the point of the the silicone skin is if you just cover it with the hard plastic cover anyway.

3. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

Looks nice enough. Pretty good price. I say go for it.

4. nk290

nk290 New Member

5. redifrogger

redifrogger Well-Known Member

The point is that the silicon will help absorb the shock if it hits the ground, much like the Seido cases do. Great idea.

6. budd1983

budd1983 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did get this case and I have to say I LOVE IT!!!!! This is my favorite case to date and I have had about 20. I liked Seidio case but it was to thick, this case has the same Idea but much thinner to form and the buttons are really easy to hit. I would def recommend getting it.

7. redifrogger

budd - how much thickness is added to the phone. Can't really tell from the pics. Also how hard is it to put on/ remove from the phone? I use my navigation dock & it fits the phone only. No room for any case. Thanks.

8. redifrogger

OK - I got this case too. Very nice case, for any that are interested. I ordered this on Monday evening and got it Thursday! From CA to OH. Wow!

9. MusicCityMama

MusicCityMama New Member

So, I'm curious if the case is working at all with your navigation dock? The protection looks good but I know I won't be wanting to take the case on and off when I use the dock. Wanted your opinion...

10. blugrss4ever

blugrss4ever Well-Known Member

Looks like it's available in red, too (looking at the seller's store on ebay). If they make it in purple or dark sage, I'm in! :rolleyes:

11. redifrogger

I got the case and I love it, but there's no way for it to work with the motorola car dock. Right now I take it off if I use the car dock. :-(

12. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

I have the verizon holster and my case is starting to break. My nephew has a vinyl/rubber soft case from VZ that fits my holster. Anyone know if this one fits the holster? If I need a new holster, I'd just buy the seidio innocase.

13. overbyc1

overbyc1 Well-Known Member

BUMP... I too am interested in this answer. I need a belt clip too, and this would be ideal.

Thanks!

14. thewahlrus

thewahlrus New Member

I've bought alot of stuff over the years from this ebay seller for previous phones (most recently Touch Pro 2). Always fast shipping and top quality stuff. I think I may buy this one. I hope it fits with extended battery.

15. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

I picked up a new case at the mall for $20 for my X (extended battery). Picked up a non-slip case, but it was a bit brighter than I wanted. They also had two black ones, one slippery and the other had the buttons covered over, making them hard to find. All these cases appeared to be no-name Chinese cases.

16. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

I've got a similar (generic/cheap) silicon cover on my DX. The main advantages are it provides a slightly better non slip surface while holding the phone and it's easy to remove/put on when I put the DX in my desk dock at night.

The main disadvantage is I keep my DX in my shirt pocket while at work. The silicon makes sliding the phone in and out a little sticky sometimes. Not a big issue, but I've noticed it.

Silicon this thin probably doesn't provide much shock protection, but it's slightly better than naked.

17. race4lastplace

race4lastplace Member

Just picked up a black vertex case. Had a lil scare where i dropped my phone for the first time on concrete since the day it came out. I was sure it cracked the screen. But thankfully NO! just scuffed the back corner, and sent the battery flying. I promptly went home and ordered a case, happened to find this one on ebay. It may not be the best, it is kind of bulky, but for the price i couldnt be happier. It works and im happy with it. Fully endorse it for others if you dont mind the bulkiness.

18. Wally World

Wally World Well-Known Member

Any silicone will collect lint and fuzz like crazy.