Has anyone tried this extended batery? Pleae tell me it's goodAccessories

Last Updated:

1. howiesf

howiesf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am in desperate need of an extended battery and while I would buy the 3200 Seidio, the inability to find a decent case that will fit, is the breaking point for me. I am on my 4th hero and as technical as I am, etc, I cannot get more than 9-10 hrs of battery life with minimal to decent "decent" usage off of the stock battery. I would love to meet the 5 % of people who have everything turned on and manage to gt 15-24 hrs out of a charge- (It's an anomaly!)

If anyone out there has tried this battery, please let me know your experience.

Buy Mugen Power Sprint (CDMA) HTC HERO 200 1800mAh Extended Replacement Battery [HLI-HERO200SL]

Thanks

H

Advertisement
  2. gowcaizer1978

gowcaizer1978 Well-Known Member

3. cephraim

cephraim Well-Known Member

Same physical size, right? So, stock battery cover works?
    Anybody compare this one to the Mugen 1800?

4. valdesr11

valdesr11 Well-Known Member

How much more battery life do these batterys actually give you by average?

5. gowcaizer1978

Yeah its still the same size, the stock cover works the same.

6. t_wilson

t_wilson Well-Known Member

Does your battery look exactly like the one pictured on this link? The picture shown on the link you posted for the ORA battery is the same as the picture for the Mugen battery on the post above yours (with the exception of the brand name, which was removed). Seems kind of funny to me. :confused:

7. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Aside from the websites being riddled with grammatical errors, leaving strong 'evident' *pun* of the maker(s) originating in Japan or China, the batteries seem fairly legitimate. If I had an extra $40 or $30 to spend on one of these, I'd probably get one. I wouldn't go with the ORA one though, something with their website just screams wholesale retailer with no care on the products. That and the fact that it looks strikingly similar to the Mugen Power one, just minus their official branding.

-edit-
    A further look at the battery on the ORA website reveals the battery is flat out missing a product number. I would DEFINITELY not get that one. Go with Mugen Power, and foot the extra money for assurance that it'll work, instead of crossing your fingers that the thing won't explode on first charge and ruin your phone. What's worth more, the $33 battery that might ruin your $550 phone, or just that extra $8 or $9 for the more official looking one.

8. gowcaizer1978

9. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Must be an item that is high in demand b/c it's sold out LOL

10. tokuzumi

tokuzumi Well-Known Member

Not sure how you normally transport your phone, but I have the Seidio 3500 mAh battery, and it will fit easily in one of those side holsters you wear on your belt. I just keep mine in my pocket with no case/screen protector. I have 0 scratches on the device. I've only had the battery for a little over a month (had the phone since release date).

The battery life is great with the 3500 mAh. I charge my phone every other day. Sometimes, I can go 3 days between charges. If you are only getting 8-9 hrs on a charge now, you would be able to go the entire day without having to charge. I do wish seidio would make some cases for these extended batteries, though.

11. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

well.. on the stock battery and you can not get more than 10hrs... you must live/work in an area with really bad reception! Maybe you should check if all your profiles are updated. Did all 4 phones you got have this bad battery life?
    Also, are you rebooting your phone everyday??? when the phone reboots, I have noticed (maybe wrong) that the phone is very busy the first 2-6 hrs! even when it is sleeping. you have to let it do its thing (linux); then after initial few hours, it will settle down and have better battery life.

also, using custom ROMs can help with battery life...

also using something like "overclock" app to help save power.

last thing.. on battery.. I have this battery and it is working great for me... I did a quick review on this thread for it.
    http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/41766-2000mah-andida-battery.html
    best thing... only $10!!!!!

12. R2D2-AKU2

R2D2-AKU2 Member

I use the Seidio 3500 battery and it is awesome. I have never been able to get through an entire workday using the hero or any other smartphone (BB, winmo). I guess its the way I use it. I'm on the phone a lot plus a lot of chatting and some surfing. With the 3500 battery I can basically do whatever I want including streaming Pandora all day and I can make it at least until I get home. Perfect except for the size of the thing. :)

13. dubchamp

dubchamp New Member